A Dose of Reality

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

This was just a matter of his new agents being able to say to him "see we are working hard for you" and posturing for an extension. I hope it backfired on these 2 guys and Chris understands it did him more harm than good not only here but around the league. They made it look like Brown didnt want to compete I dont believe that but thats what they made it look like. Good for Brown not to play more games and say he will be in camp on time. This his probably going to motivate him more than anything that could have happened.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Brown may not be the future here once White develops, but there's no reason he would have a better chance to "showcase his talents" somewhere else this year to try and earn a new contract. If Brown is running well, White won't get many carries. I don't know if you noticed, but Henry didn't get many last year, except for when Brown would get injured after someone touched him. The point is, Brown is the starter, Henry isn't pushing him much, and White is a rookie. We've stated that we're committing to running the ball more. Why would he think this is a bad place to show off and really earn his next contract. Sure, send him to Denver. He can have three big runs all year behind Bell and Dayne, that's much better.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i really dont think white will do much to challenge Brown....white isnt even in football shape and isnt the type of runner that Brown is, therefore keep both...lendale can be the guy who comes in for short yardage, but why get rid of your fastest running back, who can also catch and block better than the rest, the fact is lendale white may not pan out to be all he is being hyped to be, how do we even know he will be the future?

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I feel confident that White is gonna' be great...When, I not sure. But Brown and White are two very different types of running back, and can compliment each other if they can stay professional about it.

I've have mixed feelings about Brown, and I don't think his agent did him any favor asking for a trade at this time. But truth is, I hope they both do well...Henry too...Hey, when was the last time we had too much of a good thing?

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

no matter what i still have my doubts that White will be the franchise running back you all think he is....i will have to see how he does this season and see how good he actually really is.... just i dont understand why you think he will be THAT great that he would force Brown to the bench... to me thats very doubtful

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah that article is little harsh. Brown's no star, but he's not as bad as that article or some stats say he is. Well, that's my unbiased (I swear) opinion :brow:

7. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

A little competion will hopefully get the best out of the three, and if they can´t stand the pressure how can they expect to be superbowl contenders.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I don't know why a lot of people are this much surprised about Chris asking to be traded, to me it wasn't a question of if but when. You got to admit it is pretty crowded at RB. He wouldn't get prime carries so that way he wouldn't get a good contract with another team, and if he did get a contract with this team it would be at best 3 years, as LenDale White is the future at RB for this team. Not surprised at all- and I have been saying he would prolly like to go to Denver for the longest.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

and Brown could start in Denver, Minnesota, Philedelphia, Oakland, and take over the reigns in New York (Jets).....

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You bring up a great point. If the teams win, all three running backs win regardless of their individual stats. Titans go to they playoffs, Brown gets extended or a big contract somewhere, Henry gets extended or traded somewhere and White gets more carries next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar