A Dose of Reality

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Before you demand a trade to another team make sure there is a team out there who would actually want your services. That is the kind of sage advice Chris Brown and his agent, Wynn Silbermann, would have been wise to follow before they demanded a trade from the Tennessee Titans. For the life of me, I cannot think of any other NFL team that would be kind enough to put Brown atop their depth chart the way the Titans were.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001572.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

awesome does this mean brown will stay now? i hope so... Brown and White... idk if any of u watch wrestling but as Carlito would say.. "now thats cool"

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There was never a question of whether he would stay. It would be a huge outside shot for him to leave. All that happened was that Brown's agent "requested" that he be traded. The titans don't really have any interest in trading him, so unless someone comes along with a major deal, it's not going to happen. At least he's making sure to say today that he'll be here to work no matter what.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Brown is just doing good business. He realizes he has to "bust it" this contract year for a good contract at year's end. If he gets injured doing it- he is screwed. He just wants some job security if it is out there. I take no insult. He's never been a distraction to the team and I doubt he ever will be.

5. that was a pretty harsh article to write about him tho, but the good news is that it looks like he will be staying in tennessee

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

a little harsh obviously someones bitter over the fact hes asked for a trade but honestly i dont think anyone really expects the Titans to trade him...theres no reason....hopefully he can have a big year with the Titans and get resigned next season...i dont feel 100% comfortable handing over the job to lendale white just yet...

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I say lets trade him to the bengals for chad johnson! Thats a fair trade

9. Truth be Told

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

There is some truth to it, but again, his value will not be maximized here. No matter how well he plays his replacement is on the sideline waiting. One glimmer of hope for White and Brown is out of a job. But not only that, you'd have to be a fool to think he will score TD's here. White is almost guranteed to be the finisher. He's in a three back rotation in Tenn. Fisher proved he would split carries last year. It will happen this year too. Brown may not be able to find a job elsewhere, let's face it, but there's no job for him here either. He can drown here over the course of a year or two and watch as his career toilets out, or he can try to steal a starting job somewhere else. His career is on the borderline of "over." And he can sense it. It's a good career and business move to try and get traded regardless of the market value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar