A 2nd look at where Jake's hitting his WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last week I offered this thread to everyone to see http://gotitans.com/threads/double-plays-audibles.88334/, now this week I made another chart displaying exactly where Jake is connecting with his receivers.

jakep2.jpg

The encouraging thing is we've opened the playbook since last week and Jake's taken control of the offense. Jake still hasn't connected on any deep routes, his longest pass is for 15-yards. I hope to see a big catch vs the Falcons.

Also, can our WR's catch the damn football!? I mean Jake went 12/20, but he could have easily gone 15/20 if we didn't have so many drops.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

Just to be clear, this isn't a chart showing the total passing yards for Jake, this is to show you where the WR's are making the catch at, all except 1 of these plays had YAC, if people really care I'll show the YAC, but it makes reading the chart harder

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah, the 2nd preseason game was a good improvement from the 1st.

1st game was all short quick passes

2nd game was a good mix of intermediate passes and short/quick passes

3rd game will hopefully be short/intermdiate with some long throws as well.

Overall though, I thought the short and intermediate passing looked very good Sat night. Just need to get the WRs to catch better like you mentioned. There was only a couple of throws where jake wasn't on the money, and most of those he was under pressure. Jake definitely should've been ~75% completions if it werent for all the drops.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I also made a thread re-capping every pass ... I put the YAC on every pass in that thread. Combine our 2 threads, and you will get a perfect breakdown of Jake's performance haha

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Jake did take 3 deep shots last week, but IDK who he was targeting, they were all bad throws that went over everybody.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Wait.......

Jake threw a beautiful pass to Nate at the pylon that should have been a TD. I believe that would have been at least a 30 yard score? Pacman made a great play to get a hand on Nate's hands as he was grasping the ball. That is a tough throw and Jake was money on it.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

:highfive:

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Although it was mostly Nate just being a butterfinger...Poop Man had little to do with the pass break up.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

JC, it seems to me that Lo:beerbang: cker's passes are pretty well spread out...that's a good thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I wasn't counting that one but that was a good throw you're right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar