9th home game of the year this week?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've never followed college football but reading up on all the hype surrounding VY playing in Houston this week, I find it confounding that the Texans didn't pick VY in the draft.

With so much status with the fans from Texas the Texans should have picked him no matter who they had at qb. Support for the team would have been insane.

McNair must be retarded

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Not to mention, what had Carr really done up to that point to convince them that he was going to be their answer as QB? If I had an O line that couldn't keep the defense off my QB then I would definitely have jumped on the chance to draft a QB such as Vince.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Carr never had a chance to prove himself with the bad OL the Texans had. If the OL could have kept folks off of him who knows what he could have done.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

Carr apologists are amazing. 5yrs aint a chance????

in five years he has managed to prove he's unfit for starter's minutes.

5. VinceIsGod

VinceIsGod Guest

I am a Texas alum, and was raised a Longhorn fan. As for the NFL, I have always been a Cowboys fan, and pretty much hated the Oilers because my first roommate in college was from Houston and back then (late 80s, early 90s), Houston was pretty good and the Cowboys sucked. He used to rub it in my face pretty much daily.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that there will be as many VY (i.e. Titan) fans as there will be Texan fans at the game Sunday. The Texans had a chance to completely sew up the Houston fan base (despite wins and losses) for several years by picking VY. They turned their back on him, so now that the Texans look to be mired in mediocraty, the fans have turned their back on them.

I am a VY fan. The Titans are my favorite NFL team right now (especially since the Cowboys picked up TO). I, and pretty much every other Longhorn, will root for the Titans as long as VY is the QB.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

It's not all on their oline he had the reputation for taking sacks before starting in the NFL:
    from Carr's draft prospect sheet

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

a few QB's could fall under that. Carr has had his problems but an OL that lets the D thru like water will get you sacked a lot. Just curious does he hold the record for most sacks in a season?

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He actually holds the #1 and #2 spot.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am sure it is an honor the OL is proud of...lol

10. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Being a longhorn fan, and a fan of Texas Highschool football, like most of my friends, we all like Vince as a player. I wouldn't go as far as the IDOL worship, some might exhibit, but that is another story.

While at Texas, he took the attitude of Longhorn fans, (atleast the ones that I speak to directly) from, "Lord they are gonna blow another game" to "They will rally behind, VINCE" no matter how much they were down bye if there was still time on the clock, we were gonna win. My wife literally went from, If the Longhorns were down bye 7 in the forth, she would say..."We are gonna lose", to if we were down by any amount at any time, in the game, saying "Vincey (thats what she called him) will pull it off" The State of Texas fell in Love with him as a player... atleast the Longhorn Nation... Aggies don't count. Add to that the fact that his is a NATIVE of HOUSTON. Notice when he lost the heisman, he said, I let my Team & Houston, Austin down.

I can't wait to see the game on television, but I know it would not do, being there any justice.

Also... concerning the Texans Offensive line. I just wanted to point one thing out, and even VINCE himself mentioned this I believe before the draft. Like someone else posted CARR could probably avoid half the sacks, he causes a good deal of his own misfortune.

Against the Titans in Game 1. He played through 8:00 or so remaining in the 3rd, and believe he was sacked 5 times, one was a fumble. If my recollection is wrong please forgive me.

Sage came in the remainder of the game and didn't get sacked once.

Could be a coincidence... anyway just an observation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar