88 Minutes (2007) Jon Avnet

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by titanbuoy, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wow! It's been a while since I've watched a movie this awful. Implausible plot twists, bad acting, bad writing and lazy film-making abound. I'm shocked that I made it through to the end of the feature. This film should have been straight to DVD and featured Tom Selleck in the lead, but for some reason ( :greedy: ) Pacino agreed to star in this crapfest. I'm sure MANY movie goers walked out mid-film.

Pacino plays an aged university prof... who runs through the streets (gun in hand) chasing criminals! YAY! :ha: Naturally all of the young female students have the hots for the geriatric, Porsche driving, Barnaby Jones wannabe. Every frickin secondary character in the film is made suspicious... it's truly annoying to the point of distraction (and a sign that the filmmaker has no clue how, or no desire to, create any real tension through technique... just lame cheap tricks). Alicia Witt! Where to begin? I know she is easy on the eyes but damn I had no idea she was such a hack, if I never see her or the chronically awful Leelee Sobieski on the big screen again it'd still be waaay too soon.

During the film's ""gripping climax I found myself chuckling, both at the ludicrous on screen crap and at myself for sitting through such tripe.

Oh and I almost forgot. The manner in which some of the murders in the film are depicted is over the top nasty, and truly unsettling. Yet one more reason to avoid this garbage entirely.

01/10

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I just saw it on Direct TV. Even Pacino couldn't improve this one. Did the director HAVE a pulse. I agree with your review.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

the car blowing up was pretty cool

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

But made absolutely no sense considering the killer had stated that he/she was going to kill Pacino in "88 Minutes" (not half an hour). But then again looking for logic in this schlock is probably a mistake... so yeah... it blowed up real good :grrhee:

I'm soooooooooooooo late. I'm sitting here at home... and my store should be open in 17 minutes. Oooops.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

agreed, i just like stuff blowing up...and its always better on blu ray!! hahahaha
    the movie did suck by the way

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The only reason I didn't walk out on this garbage was that I was at a Monaco Theatre, sitting in the balcony, eating a ribeye.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Pacino hasn't made a movie worth watching in 10 years.

I made the mistake of watching Righteous Kill because it also featured DeNiro.It wasn't truly awful but it was poor.Pacino was by far the weakest link.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

88 Minutes and Righteous Kill were both god-aweful. I hope you guys are joking about the explosions..

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll put it this way. I took a date to this when it came out in theatres. We got through maybe 45 minutes, I couldn't really stand it anymore, but she was...I guess "engrossed" is the right word. We stayed, I took her home, and I never called her again.

THAT, my friends, is how toxic this movie was.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar