Training Camp 8 WR's on the Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mariani is not a Wr on this team. He is a special teams player and nothing more. His 5 catches for a 4.8 average 2 years ago tells that story and that is his output for his career. We had long arguments about this guy and his alleged potential. He's white and wears number 83 so of course that means he will be the next Wes Welcher, people on these boards actually said things like that!

When we list the Wrs on this keep Mariani off of it. the idea of cutting Washington so we can hold a spot for #83 is insane.

So there are 7 WRs on our roster not 8. And all we need to do is tell Hawkins to pack his bags and the dilemma is over.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol.... Word

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

From my view, it's more to do with depth chart. We drafted Hunter who could be the 4th or 5th guy this year (behind Britt, Wash, Wright and maybe Walter/Williams? )I just don't see it.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Kenny Britt
    Kendall Wright
    Justin Hunter
    Nate Washington
    Kevin Walter
    Damian Williams
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Marc Mariani
    Michael Preston

Hopefully we can trade Washington because I'd hat to cut him for nothing. I could see the Rams sending us a 5th/6th for next season so they can get a Vet with all of those young guys.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I don't get it...

Why would we cut Washington? The guy has been our best wide out if not our only decent wide out in the past couple of seasons.

Safe
    Kenny Britt
    Kendall Wright
    Nate Washington
    Justin Hunter

Everyone else is going to be competing for a spot on the roster

Hawkins - Gone, go ahead and book it. A move that should have been made years ago. Waste of a roster space.

Mariani - The guy is not a good receiver and the only thing that kept him on the roster was his kick return abilities. Add in a broken leg.... put a fork in him, hes done. I don't understand all the love he gets around here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Williams were gone. I have never really liked him, always been too inconsistent for me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well theres that rumor he quit late in the year, the fact hes owed $4M and is only getting older, and theres the real possibility he just doesn't have it anymore. he looked a lot like his old self dropping balls last year, not good for him.

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

oh well

I would have quit to tbh.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Kendall Wright
    Justin Hunter
    Nate Washington
    Kenny Britt
    Kevin Walter
    Damian Williams

I think they will carry five/six receivers or it will be the end for either Damian Williams or Nate Washington.As far as Lavelle Hawkins is concerned i think he is gone.There is a possibility that Washington could very well get cut if they saw all the other receivers doing a great job and Washington being owed 4 million.After all if you are fourth receiver or you are buried on the depth then there is no way i see them paying him that much for minimal production.As far as Nate being the leading receiver yes he was the last few years but he is getting older and the injuries are starting to affect him more and it was already affecting his playing the last part of the season.If another receiver can come in and catch the same amount of passes Washington did and do it for way less money they very well could decided Washington is gone.As far as Walter is concerned i don't think they would bring him over from Houston just to cut him so i do think he will make it.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Then I have no choice but to put you on the list with Hawkins, Mariani, and Williams or trade you to the Rams. Sorry, it's just business.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yup, Munchak and Co are on a 1 year lease and we to get rid of the best WR this team has had the past 2 years?

If anything, Munch and Co should be locking Washington up in a county jail in Nashville to keep him put until the season starts, not getting rid of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar