Training Camp 8 WR's on the Roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Kenny Britt
    Kendall Wright
    Justin Hunter
    Nate Washington
    Damian Williams
    Kevin Walter
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Marc Mariani

Oh boy do we have some decisions to make here! Let's assume we're going to roll with 5 WR's. Hawkins is probably the first cut of this group. As much as it sucks, Mariani probably goes and Reynaud returns kicks. Wanted to see Mariani return from that horrific injury but it's a business and I'm struggling to see where he fits; But then again, keeping Reynaud would mean 4 RB's (Assuming Harper sticks as the 3rd back).. Unless they cut both Harper & Mariani/Reynaud.

That last cut has to be tough though. Rumors have stated we wanted to get rid of Nate Washington. Damian Williams has had his good moments, and disappointing ones -- but I can't imagine he's disappointed so much that he doesn't deserve a roster spot. Kevin Walter was recently signed and envisioned as a slot security blanket for Locker; but surely the drafting of Hunter at least means Walter will truly have to earn a spot on this team through camp and pre-season.

Either way, this group will probably require the toughest decision making of any unit on the team.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Safe:

Justin Hunter
    Kendall Wright

Gone:

Hawkins
    Mariani

Questionable:

Britt (probably stays)
    Washington (the most likely to be gone)
    Walter (we did just sign him)
    Williams (could be the odd man out).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's just simply too many people. The writing is on the wall for britt. Britt, Hawkins, Mariani, Williams should all be pretty nervous right now. Definitely the last three. Britt will probably stay this season, but his financial future is at stake this year.

Washington will be here unless traded. There's no way they cut him loose with no compensation. Wright is also a lock for obvious reasons.

Williams and Hawkins have never earned a roster spot. Who's that other young guy? Preston? He's gone if he isn't already. I'd predict Mariani is a goner too.

Harper needs to get gone. In a hurry. Gtfo.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

If you guys think Britt isn't gonna make the team you're nuts. They may try to shop him before the tread deadline but he's gonna start the season on the Titans.

Washington, Hawkins and Mariani are all gone. We'll keep the others.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kenny Britt
    Kendall Wright
    Justin Hunter
    Nate Washington
    Damian Williams
    Kevin Walter
    That's what I see happening.

We can carry 6, no problem.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Britt will make it of course.

Forgot about Preston. Make that 9!

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can't see us drafting a receiver in the second round to be #4 on the depth chart. I believe Washington is gone. I also think Mariani is gone.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nate isn't likely at all to be gone.

The hell is wrong with you people? You really over-think that whole trading block thing, huh?

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

lol at britt being worried about his roster spot

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I could see us cutting Harper and Mariani...4sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar