8/21 89 yards, 1 Fum, 2 INTs, 11 QB RATING!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Thanks, Lazerjock, for jumping in to interrupt all of these over the top VY debaters...

I've swung different ways in my opinion of Young, and this clearly was an awful game that made me worry. However, we have seen some good progress from him this year. If he's willing to slightly adjust his contract, he'll get re-upped and he'll be our QB for quite a few more years.

Mostly, everyone on here who hasn't spent much time on the board talking about something other than Young, please calm down a little! Far too many over-dramatizations on here, as well as ridiculous name calling. Also, seriously, anyone in their twenties doesn't deserve an opinion? There are clearly some posters lacking in maturity on here, but I don't think that they're all under the age of 35...

Bottom line, Friday night was terrible, and will give us a lot to stew about over the offseason. However, it isn't the final word on anything.

Let's take a break from this for a little while and come back when it isn't so fresh.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is one stupid thread.

Every QB has bad games, some more then others but even Manning threw 5 ints in a game last season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

REAL QB's don't use "They are a great team" as an excuse. REAL QB's win these games.

Are you trying to say that when we play a good team we should expect this kind of play? How will we ever win a Super Bowl with that attitude?

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Wrong... He had a 6 INT game in '07 but he still pulled a 49.4 passer rating not a 11.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So what's really you're point? If Vince had managed a 49 rating Friday you wouldn't have started this thread? Riiiiight...

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Also...

Kerry Collins:
    Oct 18 @ NWE
    L 0-59
    4.9 QB Rating
    2/12, -7 yards (That's NEGATIVE 7)
    0 TDs, 1 INT
    2 fumbles, 1 lost

Now, just to be clear, I'm not using that as an excuse for Vince's play. I'm merely using it to make the point of 'would it be fair to judge Kerry's season based on this game alone?' I think you know I was one of KFC's biggest critics this year, but even I would admit that game is not a fair representation of his overall play this season.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Kerry Collins is nearing 40, KC is a scrub, KC wasn't the 3rd pick in 2006, KC never said he was going to be in the Hall of Fame, KC was never signed with the intention of leading the team to a 13-3 record (he did), the Titans have gotten more out of Collins than they ever imagined, the Titans have never came close to getting the production out of Young they expected.

This isn't about Collins, he's overachieved in his time in Nashville. No sense comparing him to Young.
    Get it?

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

To pull a 49 rating with 6 INTs takes a monumental effort. It means you bounce back time after time and still move the ball as the game goes on. It's very telling.

9. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I really don't understand your point we all agree Vy had a bad game 1-out of 9 so what is your point? There was also 3 obvious drops and you forgot to add his rushing TD and rushing yards. I just don't understand how 1 bad game has made you think he is not capable of playing Qb in this league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar