6 player board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Clark, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Ingram, Barron, and Brockers are the three players I want the most, but I don't think any of them will be available.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

U dont know, my top 6 might look like:

Ingram
    Barron
    Hightower
    Nercilus
    Perry
    Brockers

Brockers is low, because from what ive read, he seems to be more of a run stopper. Les Miles DTs probably focued on that this year, since his corners and ends are talented. I think we will get a good DT in round 2, so no need to pick one here.

Hightower can fit in any scheme we choose to employ in the future, and can do most things we ask hhim to.

No Kirkpatrick? I dont trust Nick Saban corners.

No Upshaw? He is to much of a pure 34 guy. Of course, he co;uld move to DE, but there would be better DEs available.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Coples
    Mercilus
    Hightower
    Brockers
    Barron
    DeCastro

Coples, Barron, and DeCastro will surely be gone, but I'd really love to have Coples if he managed to fall. Same with DeCastro. Not a big fan of Barron - plus, he'd be the unlikeliest from that list to fall. He has to get by the Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, Bengals, and Bears - teams that all pretty desperately need safeties... more so than us.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Realistically,

1) Mercilus
    2) Perry
    3) Floyd

Gap....

4) Dre
    5) Gilmore
    6) DeCastro (he's at the bottom b/c im pretty sure he won't be there and that, hopefully, one of the previous 5 should be there at 20).

As you see, i like the idea of bigger linemen. Lets discuss..

Whitney: I wouldn't mind gambling with our first round pick just a bit. With the new rookie salary scale, i'd definitely take a player like Whitney at 20 if he is there. If he can add +10 lbs in the offseason while still maintaining his athleticism, he is essentially this years version of JPP. If we still had Jim, i would be very confident in this pick. But, I have faith in Millard to help our line and draft picks as well, which is why he is my top (realistic) pick.

Perry: He is more ideal size for us and is a proven player more so than Whitney but the edge goes to Whitney simply b/c i wanted JPP so badly and i think Whitney has a better chance to bring that impact more so than Perry. Also, i don't envision Perry to be there at 20.

Floyd: I just love the idea of an 'O' featuring Locker, CJ, Britt, Nate, Floyd, Damien, Cook (and offcourse Hawk). Plus i'm worried we might not retain Britt after next year (for example, lets say he has a break out year by merit of simply playing 14+ games, some team will give offer him some ludicrous contract that we won't match). Floyd's got good size and speed to replace Britt or ideally work with him to give Locker two elite taller/bigger options down the road (I'm thinking the style the Cardinals (Fitz/Boldin) or Colts (Harrison/Wayne) had would be awesome....)

Gap: I don't find us with such a need at CB that others see. To a certain extent, pundits look at the big names that left in FA (Finny) and automatically assume it as the main need. With a full offseason, I have a lot of faith that our current CBs can play well. ATV will literally take and excel in Finny's previous role as the hybrid slot/outside CB. J-Mac will continue to ball. And actually i see 2nd year player Hawk playing as 3rd CB in respective packages. These guys are all young BUT with a good pass rush, i think they will be more than fine.

For the other guys, posters have already said enough plus i really hope we can get 1 of the first 3 in the list.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Realistically the list should include "players they covet" as in outside of the QBs and a few players they know they won't have any shot at like Richardson the list could easily contain 6 players that don't even make it to #20. It is probably like a wish list. Their hope is one of those 6 ends up making it to #20 (so it isn't going to be a list of guys likely to make it to #20). So more than likely Cox is on that list for example. Kuechly and Barron probably are. Floyd could be. DeCastro I think could be. They might not bother putting Claiborne on the list (he isn't making it to 20) but one or both or neither of the other CBs could be.

I just think the list of 6 is going to be the really elite players they would love to have and hope one is there at 20.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Going off of what Soxcat said the list is probably a list of guys they hope fall to us:

Michael Floyd
    Fletcher Cox
    Melvin Ingram
    Luke Kuechly
    Mark Barron
    Dont'a Hightower (I'm starting to like the kid)

This is in no particular order either

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Claiborne
    Richardson
    Ingram
    Hightower
    Cox
    Kuechly
    Upshaw
    Decastro
    Blackmon
    Barron
    Floyd
    Konz
    Kendall Reyes
    Cordy Glenn
    Josh Robinson
    Brockers
    Kirkpatrick
    Vinny Curry
    Nick Perry
    Gilmore

That is how my board would be stacked. I left off the QBs and the OTs (Kahlil and Reiff) because we just won't draft one of them.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Decastro
    Barron
    Hightower
    Still
    Floyd
    Mercilus

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't even know what 6 to pick, there's 20 or so guys who could be there so as long as Gilmore isn't the pick, I'll be happy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

DeCastro
    Cox
    Ingram
    Brockers
    Barron
    Kuechly

I don't expect any of those guys to still be on the board at #20 so Webster will have to trade up if he covets somebody badly enough. Several people have mentioned Floyd, but with three alcohol arrests, I don't expect the Titans to take him, even if he somehow is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar