6 Errors in Judgment by Bud Adams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

2) You don't know what was said in the locker room. Griffin denied what was reported by the media about him chasing after Vince. Kenny Britt wore a #10 towel the following week in open support of Vince Young. Scaife openly supported Vince Young and was benched the following Sunday. CJ later supported Vince Young and "couldn't understand" management's decision.

You may want to act like I spin everything in Vince's way, but there's not too many times you can cuss out your boss and keep a job...no matter what your profession is.

So in this situation, you have to reason out whether you believe Vince to be at fault, Fisher to be at fault, or both.

I think both are at fault. But I think Vince's on the field performance has earned him another season, especially since the issue revolved around him and Fisher.

It doesn't matter now though because Munch was in the locker room when all of this happened. I'm happy with whatever he does because he knows more then you or me and knows the dynamics of the team on and off the field.

So chill out. I think you've followed me around with your "Rational Response" crew for about 2 months now. I think its about time you divas threw in your lame little badges. This is football not tennis.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:rolleyes:

Have you ever been a fan of another player where you had to make this many excuses and believe so many people were conspiring against him?

If not, maybe you should think about that. If so, then you buy into conspiracies way too easily.

So to clarify, you don't believe Vince Young cussed Fisher and you don't believe he walked out during the post game speech from Fisher?

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who said anything about a conspiracy? All I gave you were facts. You don't know what happened. I don't know what happened. All we know is what Fisher and some of the players told us.

We do know that Washburn and 2 other coaches left. We also know that Dinger was just fired. Simple logic would tell you that there was clearly a divide amongst the coaches for some reason. It doesn't seem like Munch was a Fisher guy.

4. emong

emong Rookie

Forget about getting a straight answer to that question.:sad2:

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

No I believe both of those events occurred. Some reports have said he cussed out Fisher publicly while others have said VY cussed under his breath and then was asked to leave.

So I don't know which to believe. All I know is that there were some players who publicly supported VY. They not only risked their jobs, they also risked their image around the league.

So that tells me that some players had a different perspective on the situation than lots of fans on this board. I'd trust the players more than us posters who weren't witnesses to the event.

Wouldn't you 2nd question. Why would CJ, Britt, Scaife, and Griffin openly support Vince Young?

6. Alex1939

For the 2010 season in general, I agree both are at fault. It is in NO WAY Fisher's fault for Vince's own actions after the Washington game. It's called personal responsibility.

As far as it "earning Vince another season", I disagree. I WOULD agree if Vince were younger and a rookie or 2nd year QB and if this was the first time any issue like this had happened. We know that's NOT the case. Well I know it anyway, you probably make an excuse for every other VY incident over the last 5 years.

You really need to not be so butthurt over "the rational titans fans". You are whining like a child that didn't get picked to play on the cool team.

I haven't been told by any moderator that I'm breaking forum rules by responding to a poster on this forum. Your telling me to "not follow you around" means nothing to me at all.

I will empower you though. YOU, CJtheBeast, have options. You can form a social group with posters that you like and "want to talk football" and have private discussions. And I can GUARANTEE you that I won't whine (especially multiple times like you have) that I didn't get invited to the group.

You can also throw me and anyone else you dislike on an "Ignore" list.

You can also try to realize how totally out of touch with reality your perception of posters on this forum. Several times people have said to you "Vince can succeed with another team in the NFL", I've said I think he'll do pretty well IF he can stay healthy with the Vikings. I stated in this very thread that I disagreed that drafting VY was a mistake. Another "rational" poster even agreed with me!

Your perception of reality is way off as well... how many people do you know in real life that would choose VY over Aaron Rodgers as their future QB if given a choice? Any family members even? How many do you know would pick Vince Young over ANY other QB in the NFL if the game was on the line?

7. Alex1939

Because they are his friends.

CJ was regularly seen with VY out and about in Nashville. Whiskey Kitchen was a regular hangout spot for Vince and some teammates on Friday nights during the season. (I never wanted to mention that here because I respect players privacy but I can't imagine it matter at this point)

Scaife and Griffin are also both Texas Longhorns and played with him in college.

There is also A HUGE difference in supporting someone and thinking the behavior following the Washington game was OK. You are making a HUGE leap in logic to believe that's what they support.

Have you ever had a friend f up and do something stupid, but still stood by his side, gave him support, and acted as a friend?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

1) You don't know what happened. You were not in the locker room.

2) Excuse me? When has VY cussed out Fish or been a distraction in the locker room? He had the bar incident and the incident in Jacksonville which was blown way out of proportion (suicide?? really?)

3) Do you really think I want one of your g*y little badges? Can you not tell that me and the other posters are making fun of you guys? Did you guys really get together, private message each other, and decide to start wearing the same rational response badges?

Your in a message board club. Nuff said. You guys should just wear Erick's badge...it would atleast be funny.

4) Some of my teammates. My father. My old high school coach. Some of my friends. Vince does have a better W-L record and he got a lot of his losses in his early years when the team was absolutely terrible. Young was the only bright spot on offense besided Travis Henry his breakout year.

I don't care how many times you post. Just post well reasoned responses instead of you just bit*ing.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

They also happened to be the best players on offense last year (minus Scaife). And I'd like to think that the starting QB is friends with his players.

Maybe some players supported Vince because he gave them the best chance to win. Or do you read their minds too?

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Yikes! Can anyone say Enough. :) Any of you old enough to remember records, the kind with music not stats? Well this one is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar