51.7 yards per game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm sorry but 6 carries for -6 yards is "as effective as ever?" I hate Ringer as a #2 to be honest, but I would never say with a straight face he is a NEGATIVE 1 yard per carry back. Neither running back is effective right now, clearly. At some point you look at what's changing and realize it's what's NOT changing, that OL.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I think Brett Kern should get a shot at RB.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Maybe give Jamie Harper a few carries... we need a decisive north-south runner (Blount would be nice about now...hindsight) with the way the O-Line is struggling... Ringer and CJ are just trying to be too patient (that could be a coaching problem)... At some point, they have to consider replacing Amano... he is getting destroyed at times... CJ has no chance right now. He is getting nothing in the way of running lanes as he trots to the line of scrimmage.... I'm more disappointed in CJ's effort... it just doesn't seem to be there.... He made a fine play on the deep pass but a couple of times he scores if he catches the ball against the linebacker... Just disappointing to see him constantly checking out of the game too... I mean, we are 3 weeks into the season. Did he do any offseason conditioning? He should be in shape by now. He just doesn't look hungry like he used too... He used to play with a chip on his shoulder.. hoping the criticism he is recieving lights his fire.... All that said, the interior line is awful at run blocking...

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

By the end of the season "Relax. it was just one season, with a training camp this year he'll be back to his old self"

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just 3 years ago, C.J. and DeAngelo Williams were the 2 best RB's, now look at them. Talk about that shelf life thing being short on RB's. Did both these guys really cash in and now want to mail it in instead of showing up?

I just told Chris to go hard or go home. Hope he cares enough to shut me up.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd like to see Harper get more opportunities as well.

How about CJ and Harper/Ringer the same time? I know the Titans ran a few two RB packages when LenDale White was on the roster.

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

He's got the best average in the league (I assume).

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Kern?

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Either this is true, and we are retarded by paying our RB on a non running team more than anyone else.

Or this is false, and we are a running team that is on the bottom in rushing.

Either way, it isn't good.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Look at his stats from the first 2 games.

and look at his actual carries, instead of being a stat whore.

He was being gang tackled within less than half a second of getting the ball on every carry Sunday.

Which can't be said for CJ, atleast not on all of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar