5 Years From Now Vince Young Will Be Listed With This Group

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

When have you seen him " tuck and run " ?

We would be much better off if he would do this instead of just throwing the ball into coverage.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Y'know, this has always struck me as rather funny.

Every QB makes these throws.....balls that are thrown into a very small window surrounded by 2-3 defenders.

If it results in a catch, then then QB is lauded for his accuracy, and his ability to "thread the needle".

But if the ball is knocked down or intercepted, then he was "throwing into coverage."

Either way, we're basically talking about the same throw. A lot of times, it just depends on whether the DB is good enough to make a play.....something the QB has almost no control over.

It's splitting hairs, I know...but I've always thought it was kind of a double-edged sword.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

That's very true. I watch a lot of football every Sunday (thank God for the ticket), and every QB, and I mean every single QB each week will under throw, over throw, and throw behind their receivers a significant amount during the game. The difference is, the quality of the receivers that some of the other QB's play with, they are able to make the tough grabs, and not let a ball thrown behind them carem off of their hands and turn into an interception. Some of the WR's around the league make their QB's look absolutely fantastic. So, some of your arguments about the QB makes the WR, and not the other way around can be disproved too easily. Just watch Football and you will see.

With that being said, VY still needs to work on his accuracy, and timming with the WR's we have, and the need to make the tougn catch, and he needs to make the easy throws.

4. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

Did anyone see the catch reggie brown made to donavan mcnabbs throw the other day. for the TD. poor throw, but reggie brown made a heck of a catch. How about tom brady, multiple times throwing the ball up to randy moss. Not a designed timing or anything. Just knowing "i throw it up, he comes down with it". we have no one. we have no slot guys that we give the ball to and they get in space and do something

5. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

they need to make the easy catches first
    :bonk2:

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If thats the level of their professionalism then the Titans are going to continue to be screwed on offense until they can get a receiving corp that can perform in any situation.

7. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I see you point....maybe I should have said it like this.........

Originally Posted by Titan1216
    When have you seen him " tuck and run " ?

We would be much better off if he would do this instead of just throwing the ball TO THE DEFENDER.

btw....you didn't answer my question. When is he doing the tuck and run thing ?....its more like....tuck.....hesitate....run.....or see the receiver covered...think about running....changing his mind and missing the receiver by 5 yards or hitting the defender between the numbers.....

8. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Maybe Stretch Armstrong is available for Wide receiver ????

9. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

also in 5 years you probaly will have a new favorite team:clown:

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Texas Longhorn receivers never had a problem catching passes from Vince. But then again Texas has better receivers than the Titans do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar