5-2 defense still can't stop the run?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We can talk about the need for a giant space eating stud at NT to make this defense work but few teams have a guy like that. I doubt most of you can even name most starting NTs in the league. Isaac Sopoaga was never a stud but he started at NT for the 2012 49ers who went to the super bowl.

Most NTs in the league today are mediocre journeyman types who are hungry enough and scrappy enough to do the dirty work inside.

Having a big guy taking up space inside is not particular to the 3-4 anyway since a lot of 4-3 teams want a guy like that.

Hill just needs to grow a pair he is huge and decently athletic and he needs to be more of a force inside or pack his f*cking bags.

The eagles bulked Bennie Logan up to 315 and made him a NT. He was an under tackle type at LSU!

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I blame michelle griffin...but again I blame him for global warming, rising gas prices, and ******* cat video's on the internet.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Wesley Woodard makes Griffin look like Luke Kuechly trying to tackle someone in open space.

I can't understand why that guy is a defensive captain.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dogs, blame Griffin for hundreds of unneeded dogs being born.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Couldn't agree more. We are a weak D, no two ways about it.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 basic principles of defense are more important to the 3-4 tan te 4-3 because you don't have linebackers who can cover.

1. Stop the run with your front 7. The 3-4 is better against the run because you are bigger up front and have 2 ILBs who can run sideline to sideline. When you have to play safeties up in the box to help against the run you have a problem.

2. Rush the passer with 4. If you need 5-6 guys every time just to get pressure you compromise coverage.

I prefer the 4-3 because of the will linebacker. A Thomas Davis type guy is like having an extra safety and i prefer a faster defense. Obviously the Titans need more physical players inside and a big pass rusher outside if they are going to run this 3-4.

To me the 4-3 is so much easier to draft. Get a stud front 4 and the rest of the defense can be average and you will still be good. The Giants won 2 super bowls with a great front 4 and average 2nd and 3rd level.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

ffffffggg:troll:

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

someone is starting early

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar