4th for McNair???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bromike

bromike Guest

some of you don't get it. Saying the Ravens recognize Steve has little value is crazy. Why are they going to offer a high pick when they are offering Mac more guaranteed money and years that's what Mac wants he has no incentive to agree to anything less. The titans are in a pickle because they will have to release him and get absolutely nothing. The Ravens are smart the ball is in there court. Plus the Ravens have waited long enough for every other available quarterback spot has been filled. The raiders would have jumped all over Steve and so would the Dolphins. The Titans are in a no win situation unless they settle for a 4th or 5th. Mac will get his money and 3 years. Yes he talked about retiring but when he decided to come back he didn't say I am going to play one year and retire. He lost the weight got in shape, yes he was hurt some but being back in shape let him know he could still play. In the new offense he was not able to carry the team like he usually does but later in the season he showed he can play at a high level. He was just a couple a plays away from beating Seattle the eventual super bowl runner up. The truth is in Baltimore he will not have a better defense, a better running game and better receivers. I sincerely thik they will be an instant superbowl contender with Mac. Mac deserves another shot at a superbowl and I believe he will get one and win this time.

2. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

It's telling that the Titans only asked for a fourth round pick. What is even more telling is that the Ravens weren't willing to give it.

3. well thats what they are going to have to give if they want mcnair

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Is it just me or does this seem sort of like not much for a QB when we gave up a 3rd for a pothead/RB last season. Maybe it's just me.:suspect:

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

I think bromike's nailed it..
    I hadn't realised that we get jack all for him post July..
    And the Ravens of all f'ing people

6. bromike

bromike Guest

\
    Did you read my last post Titantonic? The game is being played and the Titans may lose this hand. The Ravens are already getting his jersey made. Mac has a unwritten contract with them for X amount of money. Mac could care less what draft picks the Titans get that only helps the Titans not Mac not the Ravens. When Mac doesn't renegotiate the Titans must release him and the Ravens keep their picks and Mac gets paid under his new deal that's guaranteed for three years about 6 million a year with playoff and superbowl bonuses.

7. bromike

bromike Guest

Don't be suprised that if Mac hits the free agent market watch Minn, Dallas, or Cleveland come calling Mac. I have read the Ravens board and they want Mac bad. They see him as there best chance to a superbowl over the next three years. Read my previous post. They will get him for nothing if they wait it's not a reflection of Mac's value but instead Baltimore playing there cards right. They didn't offer any quarterbacks a deal during free agency and they didn't draft a quarterback but they know they can't compete with Boller. They are smarter than you give them credit for plus they have half the Titans superbowl roster. Mac is there final piece and they will keep Lewis.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I say we look for a different trade partner. A 5th rounder isn't going to do it. He's worth a 2nd-3rd. Worst comes to worst, cut him at the last second.

9. The question is how much the Titans are willing to do to avoid simply releasing Mac? It's hardly impossible to keep him without gutting the team. They could cut Sirmon for $2.4M. Renegotiating Bulluck's deal would save $3M. Kinney and Hentrich could also be potential renegotiating targets to save $1M combined. Cut Nickey and Wade to save a combined $1.4M (hell, they're goners anyway). They could trade Chris Brown and save $1.55M.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've thought the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that Reese still has that bitter taste from all the restructures that got us here in the first place. Still, with the windfall of cap relief we've got in 07, making some of those moves makes sense, at least to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar