4th for McNair???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Jeff I dont agree with releasing him sooner than later. The later he gets there the longer it will be for him to learn the offense and thats an advantage for us when we play them. Getting another qb in early is not as important to us as getting Steve is for them. Volek knows the offense and hopefully will take his game up a notch or two as he will playing for a new contract with another team next year and you can bet Rosenhouse reminds him of that everyday. Our coaches have to keep him protected and our o line needs to step up and keep him on his feet if they do hes probably as good or better than Steve right now. Hes no more injury prone than Steve and will practice with our receivers more often than Steve did. I am still and always will be a McNair fan he has done great things for the Titans that will always be appreciated. There is nothing wrong with what Steve and Cook are doing nor with what the Titans are doing its just the business side of the NFL. If Baltimore wants him before July let them pay the price or let them wait. Volek may surprise us all with a career year.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we would have 9 million in savings I think.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the real question is "How much will it take to sign the rooks?" This money then can be generated with re-structuring McNair (and others) to keep him IF it beat the market value. I say market value because it appears Steve has little interest in maintaining intangible sources of revenue that Nashville could produce. (just like Eddie did)

4. $10M, actually (if you count in the $1M that will hit in September)

A 4th round pick is pretty good compensation for a guy who is otherwise expected to be released outright.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think it's obvious Volek will have a career year, since he has never been a starter for a full year.

6. About an extra $3M over what we are currently accounting for under the salary cap.

7. You are taking a big leap in assuming he can stay healthy enough to start all of this year...

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

surely the Ravens aren't going to offer Mcnair 6 million/year with guaranteed years? Have you heard anything about their offer?

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

who's this mcnair fellow y'all are talking about...?

10. Not really sure, but I would think it's around that range. But really, it's about him getting more in guaranteed money (and money he's likely to earn soon) versus the $10M he's set to get this year and/or whatever the Titans have been asking him to take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar