4th Bourne Movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As usual you're randomly filling in the blanks...
    I happen to like Leo DiCaprio quite a bit and am of the opinion that Gangs of NY was infinitely better than The Departed.
    One actor his age that's better than The Talented Mr Boring? How about Marc Senter, Garrett Dillahunt, Tim Olyphant, Emile Hirsch, Heath Ledger, Aaron Paul, J Rhys Meyers, Joseph Gordon Levitt, The other Affleck is pretty good too. Do I need to keep going?
    Too bad you completely miss the point about my "acting in Hollywood" comment - then again as you always tell us - you have nothing to learn, only teach because you're the only one with any insight to anything around here.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

OR...

Matt Damon was "made fun of" in the movie Team America for a totally different reason.

From Trey Parker, himself -

TREY: The way that happened was funny, too, because it wasn't in the script. What's funny is that you can only use one skull that these faces go over so many times, and you'd be like, "Oh, let's make this person." And you try to make them, and it really didn't look that much like them because you always had to deal with the same eye things that define a person's face. Sometimes, you'd get a puppet that looked close, and sometimes you just didn't. With the Matt Damon one, I remember, they brought it down, and we were supposed to shoot Matt Damon that day, and the puppeteers came down and were like, "Here's Matt Damon!" We were like "Dude! That doesn't look like Matt Damon! He looks like retarded!" So what are we going to do? Probably out of all those people, Matt Damon we've met before, and he's actually a pretty cool guy and a talented actor. So it's just because his puppet was screwed up.

Let me repeat that last part that Parker said: he's actually a pretty cool guy and a talented actor.

So... yeah.

And whoever stated that Ben Affleck would have been better... you no longer deserve to post on here! ;):ha:

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part in Pearl Harbor though. He's way better than Ben Affleck.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, when you say things like "They don't act in Hollywood anymore" due to your vintage fetish, I just keep it in mind for future reference.

1. Heath Ledger is dead. And before he DIED no one respected him. I know, because I constantly told people he was a good actor long before the stupid overhyped Joker role. You were probably bashing him then, because he hadn't done anything as impressive as Damon to that point.
    The other Affleck is good? What? Really? He's average and if you dare say "The Talented Mr. Boring" you should never mention Affleck's little brother as a good actor.

2. Joseph Gordon Levit I respect because I think we're the same type of actor (as ridiculous as that sounds) but he's no Damon. He's too soft to be. Damon can turn it on and off.

3. Emile Hirsch- another guy I've always had to make a case for. Just as I do with Damon. So name me his notable roles outside of Into the Wild?... I'll be waiting...

4. J Rhys Myers is another I've always thought was underrated. You just seem to be picking guys that are on Damon's level. None of which have shown any more versatility in roles though.

5. Tim Olyphant- Oh wait. Damon is one dimensional douche-bag, but Olyphant oh there's a guy that's totally different! lol Again, another guy I've always liked, but don't think he's as good and his resume backs that up.

the others... I have no idea who they are.

He's just as good as everyone you mentioned though. And none of those guys have the versatility in their career as Damon has (and I don't consider him to be a diverse actor).

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't know how anyone can hate Damon, he seems pretty down to earth and can't find many movies of his that I don't like.

Secondly, I am a huge Ludlum fan, and I don't think the Bourne books are his best, so I don't mind seeing something different with the Bourne character.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The Girl Next Door, man, come on! That actually covers Olyphant too!

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Deuce discovered Heath Ledger? That's rich.. Get over yourself.
    Other notable Hirsch roles besides "Into The Wild"? Really? Off the top off my head: Dogtown, Harvey Milk, Alpha Dog, Girl Next Door, Altar Boys etc.. Jeez, at least try to challenge me next time. Into the Wild was an obscure release compared most of those.
    I don't feel the need to justify the others.
    Damon turning it on and off - that's just funny to me..
    If you love Damon so much, that's fine by me. Please resume the Bourne reach-around fest..

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ugh, he was a pretentious jackass on three seasons of Project Greenlight and is basically the same character with different clothes in his movies. It's bad when you make Ben Affleck look like the cool guy..

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I never said I "discovered" him. I was always taking up for him, however... right after A Knight's Tale, while everyone else was still busting his balls until he was in their favorite comic book character's movie.

You were probably in that crowd. It'd match you Damon hate, perfectly. Same case, different guy...

Your Hirsch "others" list sucked balls, by the way. His characters in Alpha Dog, Girl Next Door, etc weren't notable. They were decent movies and he played a teenage kid... might as well have mentioned Speed Racer while you were at it since you were clearly only listing films he starred in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar