4th Bourne Movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm also a big Ludlum fan.

I was initially disappointed that the Carlos the Jackal plot was never followed. I really liked the first movie though and felt that Damon portrayed the spirit of the character really well.

I think that each Bourne movie has been better than the last.

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Just to start I understand what you're sayin here and my comment is a different topic but it made me think of something.

Personally I can't stand the way the new Bond movies have been heading, the Bourne director took over them and they've turned into this overly action packed movies. Used to it was about the story, the gadgets and the girls. Now its just turned into a Bourne non stop action movie which is great if I wanna go see a Bourne movie, but I miss the old Bond with Sean Connery and Q.

The Bourne movies are they're own thing and the Bond movies are different. Making them similar has just detracted from both and degrades both so to me it just kinda sucks.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

They need to do a prequel where he's a crazy, efficient killing machine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

YEP!!! Where has the arch-nemisis Carlos been? That is disappointing.

I've liked the movies too, they're entertaining. To me, it's not a matter of how Damon portrayed the character, I just have a hard time envisioning him as Bourne. I don't know, a guy like Russell Crowe, George Clooney, Mel Gibson or even Affleck would've been more of what I see his character should be.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Speaking of Die Hard, they're making another one. It's been referred to as Die Hard 24/7, but that name sucks and I doubt they'll keep it.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, let's allow the measure of what's good acting be a movie that starred... oh, that's right- nobody that actually acts. Let's forget it's the creators of southpark that harp on anything. For all we know Damon shunned those losers once, and they're still bitter.

Anyone that thinks Damon can't act ONLY thinks that because of that movie. They saw it and thought "oh, that's funny now. Damon can't act now because Trey Parker said so, and he's cool... right?"

Damon is a greatly underrated actor.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Uh no, there's plenty of folk outside the Southpark circles that can't stand Matt Damon. He plays the same annoying pr**k in 9/10 of the movies he makes. And I wouldn't say imitating WH Macy in that 10th role makes him a good actor.
    And I think there's a misconception that Trey and Matt goof on anything. They're not too different from the old Mad Magazine adage - it's funny because it's mostly true..

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Damon made the Bourne movies as good as they are and is a good actor.
    He is now Jason Bourne. The movies don't follow the books that closely anyway. The Bourne Supremacy changed the plot significantly. I do think the next movie would need to have Damon. He is the character now.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Wow.

I can't agree on this one.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CC is on the "Hate the Hollywood Golden boy" bandwagon, I suppose. The same crowd that pretends Leonardo Di'Caprio can't act because Titanic was such a success. (And yes, that happens, and it's the only reason Leo doesn't get any credit.) The only one that seems a bit immune to this is Brad Pitt.

Damon is playing Kennedy soon. But if you can sit there and pretend that his acting in his list of films isn't good... find me another male actor of his age that's better.

This whole "it's cool to hate this guy because south park said so" stuff is hilarious. People don't even think for themselves anymore.

So he annoys you. He's got that arrogant personna and that grin that makes you want to slap him? Fine. But don't say the guy can't act because you wouldn't hang out with him in a bar.

Good Will Hunting, All The Pretty Horses, Bourne series, Talented Mr. Ripley, Rounders, RainMaker, Private Ryan, etc. Now his pal Ben Afflec? That's another story. He does suck.

Oh, but you're the same guy that says they don't act in Hollywood anyway... sure thing. Stay stuck in 1963. Everything was better then and nothing is good now! You know it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar