3rd for Osi?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Tweet from Jason LaCanfora:

I'm not one who jumps on every possibly trade possiblity and wants the Titans to do it, but I think Osi would be a steal if we could get him for a 3rd. To me I'd rather have a proven player over a pick that might not pan out any time.

Osi is only 30 and we'd probably need to do some work on his contract, but we could get 4 of 5 years of production out of him. To me that's well worth a 3rd. Plus we could concentrate on other areas on the draft if we got ourselves another proven pass rusher.

What do you guys think? Should we do it?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Id probably pass. Osi is good, he also has other dominant DEs around him. He's been crying about his contract, and wants more money, so I doubt he'd 'work on his deal'.

Were paying Wimbley. Morgan could still be decent. Two starters with a lot to proove. Plus the way wed be drafting, a 3rd could be another Jurrel Casey.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think that's a little stiff and he's gonna want some bucks. Not sure that's a viable option With wimbleys 35 mil deal already signed.

If he wasn't trying to be a money grubber, maybe, bit those contract negotiations would have to be before anything was settled on a 3rd.

This class is pretty deep, and a third will be a pretty premium player given the right scouting. Not sure it's worth it.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's 30 and he wants even more money when he has like 2 good years left. I would love to have him but also understand the great job this staff did drafting last year and now with another year we could even improve on that (or even half the job is successful). If we were contending for a Super Bowl and we just needed another pass rusher then hell yes but we don't have that luxury right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

He'd be worth trading for if he wasn't crying about more money.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

New York screws these guys up for some reason. Revis is also begging for more money.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Osi is better than anyone we currently have so I'd say bring him in even though something scares away free agents from this organization and I doubt he'd even give us a look

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

The report today is that he wouldn't want to re-work his contract. A meager 3.7 mil (I think) for this year but he may be gone after next year. Not worth a 3rd, unless he does in fact want to re-do his contract and extend it out. I think the Titans are in future-building mode. They would rather build through the draft, IMO.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What if we were to pull this off: 4th round pick for Osi, 5th round pick for Asante...
    We then draft Hightower, Still, and Philip Blake...OoooooWeeee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar