375 On The Colts Run Defense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Colts D does well when they have 2 safeties like Sanders and Doss who play the run like LBs. Losing those guys made an average run defense horrible.

As for stopping the Jags I see no reason to not add an extra LB and make the Jags throw the ball. The lack of making modifications to fit their talent and the team they were playing was appauling.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I agree with that. Reminds me of one game in HS football when I was an assistant coach. The team coming in had a vicious running attack and we had plans A, B, C, and D to stop them with increasing levels of risk. To make a long story short, we tried everything from bringing the house to putting in the 11 most talented players (overall) that we had and we still couldn't stop them. We got stomped on and they didn't throw the ball once. So I know what THAT feels like.

But Dungy is very set in his defensive concept and design. He thinks simpler schemes work best but you teach the players to excel in that scheme. Sounds like a good idea but as you said...they REALLY depend on their S's to play like LB's and when they're hurt....goodbye run D. I too expected them to add another LB in and basically play a 4-4 personel in a cover 3 (there run stop formation). They had better try something and it better not be Peyton throws deep or they're gonna be in deep trouble very quickly!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar