360's been fixed?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Too bad CC in Jackson shut down. Guess BB blew them away. We still got WM. This code speak is fun :clown:

Guess $1800 is not too bad. I notice it is projection....I guess the projections are cheapest?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i still like RPJ compared to LCD nd plsm

this SXRD (which is an LcoS - liquid crystal on silicone) has all the benefits of LCD with none of its faults. I honestly can't think of one flaw ... except for the bulb needing to be changed in a few years. .. but when you change the bulb, it's like having a brand new TV all over again, as their is nothing about it that degrades

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How much are those bulb, and isn't that a pretty frequent interval to change it?

Is there really that much difference in how all these tv's look (lcd, plasma, liquid crystal, rpj, yada yada)? I'm just wondering how much that affects things compared to 480i, 780p, 1080p etc.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, 480i to 1080p is monumental

it's a matter of taste I guess
    personally, I think LCD is to choppy
    Plasam is smoother, but has burn-in concerns
    I liked DLP, but it didn't receive a native 1080p signal
    so I kinda ended up with the SXRD by default (it was the only 60" TV in the price range when I returned my TOshi DLP to Costco) .... and imo, it's looks cleaner and silkier than all the other formats

the only way to know for sure is to go somewhere you can view all these sources .... but make sure they're all displaying the same content in the same resolution

as for bulbs .... they say somewhere between 2-5 years, but who knows ... it's longer for some (who a take care of their stuff) and shorter for others
    the prices for bulbs have dropped significantly recently ($150)
    you can also set the lamps to cool longer on shutdown and enable a dimming screensaver to help stretch out the length of the bulb
    - the positive note is that when you do have to change the bulb you gotcha a brand new TV all over again as their is nothing to degrade
    unlike LCD and Plasma who both have half life's and have elements that ultimately burn out

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks Puck, I'll probably try and get some more info when I get down to buying one of these new toys :))

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hell, by then there will be NEW info

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well you seem to stay on the cutting edge....

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a 360 needs an HDTV

don't go buying a 360 and pluggin it into a square 27" tube

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How bout a square 55" tube :ha: I will get a high def tv, and it should be soon. I will probably do a little more research 1st, I hate regretting or getting burned when spending big bucks. But it looks like that Sony suggestion looks very good compared to the other options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar