360's been fixed?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

With all the recent hoopla with the red ring of death, has MS made efforts to fix the problem? Are there any other problems? I'm probably going to get one, but I'd like to know a bit more about it's....um....quirks :-/

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Just get a computer instead.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How do you think I typed this message on Gotitans? :))

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Bobo, since I got my replacement unit a few months back I have yet to have a single problem. you might wanna hold off a few more weeks though. there's rumor that the price will drop again near the holidays - also, these new 65nm chipset units should start rolling out sometime soon - that's the unit you want

65nm chip + HDMI out = shiny

if you just gotta get one today, Office Depot was offering a $50 rebate making the Premium unit a nice $299

whatever you do, make sure you get one with a HDD; whether that be the Premium or the 120gb Elite - word on the elite though, they have been riddled with problems

but in reality, with a 3 year warranty , who really cares if it tears up ... as long as you can get a new one - they even restarted my warranty date to the date that they shipped my new unit

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

65nm chipset - what does that do?

HDMI - gotta have a hd tv, right? That purchase may come sometime soon, but I haven't looked too close at the tv market yet. Seems like the technology keeps moving quickly, and I hate buying something that's not going to be "all that" for awhile.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the 65nm chips run quiter and cooler

and HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is currently the best way to connect. ... everything (HD video and Dolby Digital audio) all travel down 1 single cable ... pretty sweet to hook something up with only 1 cable versus 5 like component

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw ..... even if you don't have a TV with no HDMI input, you can still hook it up composite (yellow / red / white) or component

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm old school....red, white, yellow :ha: Well I have s-video actually, I'm cool.

As far as the 360 is concerned, what's the best HD you can get out of it? 1080i? 1080p? P's better, right?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

1080i is as high an output as you can get for games I believe
    there is a 1080p enable switch in the settings, but I believe it's only for the HD-DVD add on

and yes, 1080p is better than 1080i, not only in theory but in reality
    however, you must have a TV capable of receiving and displaying it
    I STRONGLY suggest the Sony KDS-**A2020 ( i got the 60")

remember the "i" stands for interlacing
    the "p stands for 'progressive' scan
    progressive scanning is always a better alternative to interlacing

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Decent price? I have a 55" now, and the only thing I'm gonna hate about getting a new HD set is I won't be able to afford one that big....at least from what I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar