32 in 32: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm with you on wanting to lose at the end of the season when nothing matters...

If we are out of the playoff picture at the end of the season, I want us to lose. 2010 was a perfect example. Once we got shutout by the Texans and hit 5-6, I wanted us to tank. We basically did and we got our guy, so it didn't matter.

But if you take 2009 for example, we had just been blown out by the Chargers on Xmas, eliminated from the playoffs, and were facing the Seahawks the next week. The only thing I cared about was CJ hitting 2,000 yards and maybe breaking the record (which may have happened of Hochuli didn't blow that holding call). But I definitely wanted us to lose.

Had we lost that game, we would've been 7-9 and picked at #14 or so - either way we would've been ahead of the Giants and JPP would've been available. Had we taken him, imagine how different things would be. The Giants would not have even made the playoffs last season, we would have, and our future would be looking much brighter right about now.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No, you don't get it.

While you are tonsil deep on Locker, just about everyone else with a brain is hoping Locker can beat out Hass for that starting spot. But to you, come hell or high water, Locker will start. Even if he is the second coming of Jamarcus Russel. If Locker can't beat this "old washed up KFC reincarnate" maybe he shouldn't be seeing the field anyway.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It makes sense to get Locker out on the playing field and to do it soon. IMO it isn't really about beating out Hass. If the coaches wait for Locker to have vet savy and knowledges of defenses and making line calls equivelant to a guy who has been in the league as long as Hass it won't happen in the next few years. At some point he needs to go out on his own an prove he is worth the 1st round pick we gave for the guy. Locker does have attributes of mobility, arm strength and better overall play making ability. So maybe he won't always make the right read or have great accuracy. Hass is at a point even if h does everything right in his head his physical bility isn't there.

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Did I even mention Locker anywhere in my post? Read and pay attention. You're still avoiding and / or don't understand. I'm saying, because we know what Hasselbeck is (based on logic, his history, and what we saw last year) and because we drafted Jake Locker 8th overall to be the franchise QB, we need to get to him as soon as possible. Otherwise, we watch teams around us create separation (i.e. the Texans beating us 41-7) and others develop and move forward with their (drafted to be) franchise QB's.

If they start Hasselbeck wk 1, fine. That's Munchack's preference, but don't try to act like we're (possibly) going places with him.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

:sad2:

You didn't have too, seriously? No, seriously? Because you did not mention the name "Locker" in that post I am just supposed to assume that we are just supposed to start some other random guy we have on the roster because you think Hass sucks so bad?

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Again, do you have a point to make? Or do you always avoid the issue and utter complete non sense as your rebuttal? Let me try to explain this again. I do not see Matt Hasselbeck taking this team anywhere, so I would like for this team to move on. We just so happened to draft Jake Locker to move on with, so yes, I guess it would be Jake Locker. Do you have that much of a problem with this team moving on from a QB taking this team nowhere?

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

My whole problem with your posts, is you just assume that Hass will take us "nowhere". You take all of his negatives, and ignore all the positives. You see things so one sided it is unbelievable.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Quoted because some people need to read it again, or just read it in general, and come back with better supporting facts.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

"This sucks" doesn't even do this post justice.

Assuming he doesn't start from day one, he BETTER start at some point next season, particularly if we are out of contention.

Quite frankly... I could give a crap about "playoff contention" with Hass. This is about superbowls, not playoffs. Getting into the playoffs and bounced out early means nothing.

We do get this. But here is the thing... A QB can only develop and grow so much sitting on the flippin bench. At some point, the only way he is going to grow is to actually play, try to read real live NFL defenses, get used to throwing into real live NFL windows.

We are at that point IMO. I sincerely hope the coaching staff has the sense to see it the same way.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

SC, what's your idea of "____ beating out _____"?

Accuracy contest? Coach vote? Player vote? Coin flip?

These guys' assets are polar opposites of each other, don't expect it to be that simple.

I would be highly surprised if there is a clear answer after training camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar