32 in 32: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

How so?

2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

whoever the QB is gonna be they gotta stick with them for the greater good. If Hass starts and we do really bad and are out of playoff contention after the Thursday night game then u might as well stick with him and not get some trivial wins at the end of the season and get a better draft pick

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was far more accurate thank KFC. That would be the main thing. He also made far fewer boneheaded decisions than KFC.

Also, if I have to say this one more time, I'm done with this whole argument... KFC's numbers from last year were basically 90% from Britt. Against the Eagles, KFC threw for 290 yards (around that); Britt was responsible for 225 of those yards and all three TDs.

Everyone always says that the bulk of Hasselbeck's stats come from Britt. I completely destroyed that belief in another thread. Don't feel like digging back through that, but I can tell you that KFC threw ZERO TDs and about 5 INTs, while having under 50% accuracy and around a 45-50 QBR when Britt was not playing. Hasselbeck threw 3 TD/2 INT with Britt, 15 TD/12 INT and 60% or so accuracy without him.

And again, defenses played the run all game when facing KFC. This past season, defenses actually played the pass more often because CJ was useless and they respected Hasselbeck.

The factors that go into these so called comparable stats are huge. You guys are simply ignoring all of them and acting as if you literally did not watch our games or weren't paying attention.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh man, there's just so much wrong in what you said.

NEVER at any point do I want to see my team mail it in just to get a better draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

I can't believe people dont get this.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

This is going to sound bad, but when the Titans are out I would rather them lose. If KFC doesnt botch that snap, we don't get Locker. Minnesota does (I assume).

The difference between just a few picks can be radical. A useless win at the end of the season instead?

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Maybe you're right, he could very well beat the Patriots, Chargers, Lions, Texans ( because he did it last year, right?), Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers, etc.

Because he showed he could beat playoff caliber teams all throught last year right? Maybe he'll play substantially better this year, and stay healthy the entire year.....because we always see declining 37 yr. old Quarterbacks improve year to year and suddenly a light comes on and they begin to rattle of win after win against elite teams....because we see that pretty regularly in the NFL right?

Or maybe you're being willingly ignorant, willingly nieve, or you don't have a clue about the game of football. Or maybe......nevermind go ahead and IS this post all the while providing nothing to support your argument. Because you have nothing to support your argument other than wishful thinking. You can have grand delusions of Matt Hasselbeck taking this team to the playoffs and beyond if you'd like. However, when the season actually gets underway, I think you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you notice, there tends to be trends in the NFL, and typically if you see a declining QB, who was average at best, get another year older, his play usually doesn't get better....call me Nostradamus, and I'll call you something else. :kiss:

8. JCBRAVE

I hate losing so much I'd rather go 1-15 and miss out on the No.1 pick by 1 win.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ohh, going winless is different. I don't want to make losing record books

10. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

I want Locker to start for this reason - I want OUR team to play now.
    Matt Hasselbeck is great and everything, but he's not going to be our team's QB for the next 10 years.

I would rather Locker jump right in and start getting experience rather than continue with these "in-between" seasons which we've been enduring since McNair left. The VY project is over (Thank God). KFC is long gone.

We need an identity. We need stability. I'm tired of waiting for that. I want Locker to start because he's going to be OUR quarterback. Let's get the Locker Era started.

'Nuff said. 'Merica.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar