32 in 32: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He was also in the running for MVP first half of the season.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

In TN he was.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Slidepiece keeps taking the ISs I try too save for ol'DW

MH hit the WRs instride downfield on third downs, been since McMVP days that I saw that for more than a week or so.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

obvious statement

5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Fyp

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vince Young had that too.

MERGE THIS THREAD!

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Yeah, but after that one week he loses to the winless colts. I know this is a touchy topic, but I would like our QB to be able to convert 3rd downs consistently. Not just one or two games a year, but every game. It's all about Ws and Ls, and I do not see many Ws coming this year with MH at QB. No one in their right mind can tell me that Hasselbeck played well for the last half of the season last year. Our season was a cake walk and he barely managed a winning* season. Just stand back and be objective for a second. Ask yourself, will Matt Hasselbeck take this team to the playoffs? Look at our schedule. It's not going to happen. he only beat ONE team with a winning record last year, unless you want to count the Texans 2nd / 3rd string giving us the game. Sure he will beat teams like the browns and split with the Colts and Jags, but I'm looking for more than that at QB. If you guys are fine with an average to below average season then, by all means, keep advocating for MH. I'm ready for our team to move forward. Starting MH will only waste a year. You can IS this all you want, but facts are facts, and the fact is MH doesn't beat good playoff caliber teams. We have several of those on our schedule this year. Tell me which teams he will beat this year. Don't forget to factor in his aging 37 year old body declining throughout the season which may result in nagging injuries costing him games that he should win. Tell me how many games he will win.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Christ, these Hasselbeck/KFC comparisons never end.

Kerry had a top 5 defense and an amazing running game for two seasons. Hasselbeck had neither.

It's silly to take half of a season Hasselbeck had (with no running game and no Britt) and compare it to an entire 5 years of the miserable QB play of KFC.

What if I did this?...

Hasselbeck's first four games in 2011: 103.9 QBR
    KFC's career with Titans: 70 QBR

That's not very fair, now is it?

The Hasselbeck hate is really odd. This guy comes in and gives us the best QB play we've had for almost a decade, yet everyone says "OMG I HATE THIS LOSER!!!! HE SUCKS D!!!"

Ignorance.

Let the record be shown that I 100% want Locker starting day 1 because I think he's the better QB at this point, but to continuously bring up these MH to KFC comparisons is stupid.

I have to defend the guy.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. pettso

pettso Starter

Hasselbeck will win the starting job. Locker will probably take over after week 6, we're probably gonna be 2-4 at that point, 3-3 if we're lucky. Sucks, but it's realistic.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree completely.

I think anyone who reads this forum knows my stance... anything other than starting Locker from Day one is stupid, and in my mind, unacceptable.

That said, Hass played admirably last year, and had VERY little help on offense. I am absolutely thrilled with him as a backup and would be very comfortable with him spot starting in case of injury.

My main concern with Hass, other than my desire to get the Locker era started, is two things...

1. He can't push the ball up the field.

2. He seemed to REALLY hit the wall last season about 2/3 through. He just wasn't the same guy late in the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar