32 in 32: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

In relation to the rest of the Titans of last year? Yeah, he sucked about as bad as the rest of the team.

That said, he was still one of the better players we had on the team last season.

He did what he did without a running game - actually, it was worse than that - and he lost the best WR we had after a few games and had to deal with the crap that was left over.

He also had a defense that wasn't all that good.

Consider all the other factors... Hass was the only real bright spot on the team last year. On offense, that is.

Ok, Nate opened some eyes...

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Why would you want a QB on your team that has to have the help of other players in order to play well? Excuses, excuses, excuses.... Locker played better than Hass with the same players and against the same teams.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If this was 2008 I would be fine with HB starting.

There is a reason Hass didnt beat the good teams. He is a game manager, not a game changer.

Game managers are great, ask the Giants, when your team is good everywhere.

A game manager will leave us at 1-5 to start the season.

Also, TC isn't going to do HB any favors. Dude is 40 years old, he knows what he is doing. If anything it will just leave him that much more dried up come opening day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are you saying Eli isn't a top 5 or 6 QB?

As for Hass drying up by opening day. The thing is, he only has to get through training camp. The other guy you seem to want needs that same training camp just to get up to where Hasselbeck already is.

I love that we have Locker, but people seriously needs to stop sleeping on Hasselbeck.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

My point is this:

Imagine MTSU going to play Alabama. MTSU decides their gameplan is to run the ball down Bamas throat, control the clock, and win the game on defense.

Yeah, I don't think so. That is akin to what we would be doing by sending a young squad out their running the Hassleoffense.

Yes, I know this is an exageration, but do you see my point?

6. JCBRAVE

You call Eli Manning a game manager, and he's held two Lombardi trophies. Then you hate on Hass for being the same thing? LOL, like WTF, make up your mind on what you want.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I never used "game manager" as a derogitory(sp?) description.

Game managers are great when your team is great.

Like I said, HB would have won us a superbowl in 2008 without even trying.

Look closely at our defense, then tell me a "game manager" is going to help them win games.

No.

With such a young team: Explosive, fast, intense.

These are adjectives that have to describe your offense.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Explosive, fast, intense often result in turnovers, penalties and blown assignments with a young team.

Granted, Hass did give more than his fair share of turnovers towards the end of the season, but be honest, he kept that offense afloat as far as penalties and knowing everyones assignments.

9. JCBRAVE

And we were 2 DE's and a WR away from being a great team if you ask me. In 2012 we'll have that.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sleep on Hasselbeck? Are you freaking kidding me? Sleep on they guy who sucked enough in Seattle that they let him walk for Tarvaris friggin Jackson?

THE MAN IS 37 YEARS OLD! HE WAS NEVER THAT GREAT TO START WITH! GOING FORWARD WITH HIM IS INSANE!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar