30 years and no super bowl victories

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

In Clarksville you don't take crap from nobody for being a Titans fan - that's home turf..

2. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I haven't been this disappointed in a Loss since the Houston Oilers lost to Joe Montana's Kansas City Chiefs back in 1994...:irked:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The best way to cheer up is to watch the music city miracle. Without that jeff fisher's play off record would be 2-6.

Stop and think about how many times your fav team was in that situation with a bye and a home field playoff game in the division round and lost.

It's only happened 4 times to me and i have been watching football regularly for 40 years. There are 32 teams so to finish in a top 2 seed puts you in the top 12.5%.

It is a tough thing to take..

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I was very pissed about it last night but I'm fine now.

It was a great ride & I was there for two of the wins.It was awesome & I'm not going to let one game put a downer on that.

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

be honest - start of the season

we were worried about Vince, having no red-zone offense (!), and having drafted a completely unproven RB called er Chris Johnston

how many of us thought we'd go 13-3 and win the Division?

Fisher's a legend

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"how many of us thought we'd go 13-3 and win the Division?"

No steve. The personel on this team is as good as any in the nfl. We didn't go as far as we should have.

5 probowlers on that field yesterday and many other good players. Beating crappy or mediocre teams to get here wasn't enough and what good is it to earn home field only to lose?

We had the better kicker but it was our guy who missed one.

Since we were so good at avoiding turnovers in the year but had 3 yesterday i have to assume that the hard hitting and extra pressure of a playoff game was too much for our guys.

7. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Hey RollTide, I agree with you.. I was just trying to put some sort of other spin on it
    I remember way back in September there weren't that many here who thought we'd win 13
    Doesn't make it any better though - as you say no way we should have lost yesterday..
    I mean christ we put up nearly 400 yards on the Ravens
    Just hope we keep our players, especially AH

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Actually it has been 43 years without winning a Super Bowl.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I had a feeling underpants would make an appearance on this thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

All this time with no Super Bowl. Let me break it down:

1960-1998: No super bowl VISITS. Fisher comes in, gets us TO the big dance after 4 years of rebuilding and moving a team.

The common denominator here is clearly Bud Adams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar