$30 Christmas suggestions??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hey, for my family christmas's we play the auction game. For those not familiar, it's where everyone draws a number, then a gift is open and the next person can steal the gift or open a new one.

Anyway, I usually am pretty good about finding a somewhat clever gift. But this year I haven't even begun looking.

So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for good auction gifts around $30 or so.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks!

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

How could you resist the USB remote control mini car with garage charger?

Plug it in your computer to charge it, then use your keyboard to drive it around your desk. An absolute steal at $29.99. :))

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/966d/zoom/

[​IMG]

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

When we play dirty santa, someone always has a bag of lottery scratch offs.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And there is always the eBay gift card which allows someone to have the fun of finding and bidding on their own gift.

:brow:

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Man that's awesome! :grrhee: I might actually just get that for myself as a christmas present.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did lotto tickets last year, so I can't repeat that. The e-bay gift card is a good idea too, I've done restaurant and store one's, but never E-bay.

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

In Indiana Simon gift cards are the best ( i don't know how far Simon malls reach though) but considering EVERY SINGLE popular mall in Indiana is owned by Simons its a great idea. Any store, any restaraunt, anywhere. Might look into finding something similar to that.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't mean this as a personal thing against anyone, but if the point is to come up with something creative, aren't gift cards kind of a cop-out?

I understand that it's easy to give a gift card, but that's not really the point. Too many people just give gift cards.

8. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

depends on who is in the inner circle of the secret santa. For some people christmas is all about fun and entertainment. Others see it as a time to take care of necesities. I personally HATE useful gifts. My father never understands why I don't want that as he asks for nothing else. So we adjust... my father buys me memorabilia and I buy my father kitchen gadgets or pens.

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

You can always make gift cards or lottery tickets more creative by hiding them in something - like in an old book or Christmas baked goods.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Go to TJ Maxx and buy a pair of 100% wool lined house shoes. I have a pair and wear them constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar