#3 pick for Schaub

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tuckfro42, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I might give up our 2nd for Schaub if the FO was confident he could be our guy. That would allow us to pick whoever we wanted at #3.
  2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

And as for the idea itself, I really dont think it would be that bad a thought if we were drafting the second half of the first round. But I dont Schaub has done enough to warrant giving up the third pick in the draft.
  3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

If you don't believe in taking a QB in the 1st round, that's fine.

The other stuff is crazy talk.
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Look, if we're picking a QB #3, why is it such a horrible idea to trade that pick for a QB (with NFL experience, and who is as highly regarded as any of the big 3) and an extra 1st day pick? I know this wouldn't be as sexy as dressing Leinart or Young in two-toned blue, but it would help the team more. Many teams have made costly mistakes by taking a rookie QB in the top spot, i.e. Seattle-Mieir, Washington-Schuler, SD-Leaf.
    I don't want to have to listen to ESPN five years from now talking about the Titans 1st round bust.
  5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Nigel, I agree with you, this thread especially has crossed some lines today.
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Is it really less risky? We don't know much about Schaub, he's certainly not a proven QB. As said above, it would make more sense if we had a lower pick, but the #3 has much higher value. The falcons are holding him at too high a price, we're not biting since we don't know he can do the job.
  7. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Schaub was a late 3rd round pick 3 years ago who has played very little and has publicly shown no reason to believe that he's anything close to a potential top QB. Compare that to the 3 top QBs this year, all of whom are considered realistic franchise-type players.

Would that be any worse that listening to them 5 years from now as they talk about the Titans making the worst trade in league history?
  8. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

This would be the worst move in NFL history. It would be like a team giving up a 1st rnd pic for Tony Beckham.
  9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Nah, the saints own that one. An entire draft (and they year afters 1st round) for Ricky Williams..

I'd rather the Titans take a chance on the "big 3" than take him.

You say the Jets value him but not really. They have Chad Pennington who had a below average arm coming off 2 shoulder injuries. They then had a disgruntled DE. They wanted Schaub in there as part of the deal not _THE_ deal, difference. Falcons also see the value with Schaub. He's cheap, he so far doesn't want to be #1 and he's a quality back up. With M.Vick back there you need a guy who can at least give you an 8-8 season (like one isn't enoguh, hehe) and Schaub does that.
  10. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

tuckfro your crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #3 for schaub is the stupidest thing ive ever heard! even dumber than drafting cutler at #3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.