#3 pick for Schaub

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tuckfro42, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

And for my first post...

Selecting a QB in the first round is not a wise choice, IMO. History shows that there is no way to acurately measure a QB's future success. I believe the best way to build for the present and future is to get a proven QB from FA and use the draft to surround him with talent.

If I were Bud, I would trade our #1 to the Falcons for Matt Schaub and a 3rd round pick. This would address our immediate need for a quality QB and give us one more first day pick to use on OL, MLB, RB.

You know what you're getting with Schaub. With Leinert, Young, Cutler...well no one knows. Could be great, could be disasterous.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Allright, I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about Schaub. I took a quick look at his stats on espn though, and I'd like more explanation. How do you know what you're getting? In 2 years, he's averaged less that a 50% completion percentage. He had a few good showings in 2005, but does that give him that much separation from the "unknown" QBs?

I don't really doubt him that much, just looking for evidence.

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

That would be the worst move that this franchise could possibly make.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A little support for my doubt... during his "good showings", he wasn't that impressive. He threw 9/13 with a TD in the end of a game against the Panthers where they were already down by over 40 points. If that's not a pointless game, I don't know what is. True, he threw 3 TDs in one game, a loss to NE. He didn't win the game. We've seen great things from volek where he's thrown for tons of yards and points, but not won us the game. Why is Schaub any better?

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

For one, his career completion % is TERRIBLE. Its worse than Michael Vicks. He may "look" successful but as the Giants found out when you need the completions - he won't do the job (Eli). Matt Schaub is good but I don't think he's worth any more than where the Falcons drafted him (3rd round). Hell the Raiders have Andrew Walter who was the #1/#2 QB prospect before the season began who they drafted in the 3rd round. Should we trade our #3 for him too?

6. That's what I thought a couple of months ago, when this topic first came up. I like Schaub, but I really think it's not that much riskier to take Young over Schaub:winker:

7. Hey man please don't do drugs!!!

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

schaub has played one good game lol gimme a break man...

9. With all due respect, this would be one of the worst trades in NFL history.

Shaub is a completely unproven backup QB.

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I'd rather take my chances with Volek. I think he and Shaub are on about the same level......We stink anyway, why not take a chance on what could be a superstar QB in a few years...rather than take a non-proven back up that is not more than average....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar