3-6 teams that made the playoffs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Most of the teams in the hunt right now are little more than .500 teams. If we get to .500, we'll have a chance. Same thing happened when VY was 8-5 in 06. All the .500 teams played like .500 teams and we caught them all. All we had to do is win the final game. If we do our job, we'll be in this thing.

Denver and Cincy are capable of falling apart at any time too. There is still hope.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

New York, Houston, and Jacksonville won't go 10-6, so we don't have to worry about them or head to head with them.

San Diego could easily go 10-6, but in order for us to go 10-6, we'd have to beat them thus giving us the tiebreaker.

If the Broncos and Chargers both go 10-6, we'd better hope the Broncos have the tiebreaker, because we don't play Denver this season.

But I'm getting way ahead of myself....

basically, cheer for the Chargers, Broncos, and Steelers to lose the rest of there games

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Steelers win the superbowl and get the easiest schedule. How does this happen? They don't face a team with a winning record the rest of the season. They face a bunch of bottom feeders like the Browns (div) Chiefs, Raiders.

Infact, the steelers control their own destiny at this point. If they win 6 games, they are guaranteed a wildcard spot. They have the following teams on their schedule:
    I don't see them losing more than 2 of these games so I'm gonna go ahead and say the steelers are in.

As I write this post, The Chargers, who I think will be the other WIldcard team... Are leading the eagles by 15 pts and playing quite convincingly. I am going to assume they are going to win and be 6-3.

We would need to hope for a loss @ Den, they should beat Cle, KC, hope for a L @ Dal and Cin.

That would make them 8-6 coming into to TN on Christmas night. If the titans have won out since then, they would ALSO be 8-6

If the Titans caught lightning in a bottle and won out, the Chargers would be 9-7 given that scenario.

There is little hope. If we win all our games though, theres a small chance we can sneak in.

We just need to hope that Denver falls from Grace, Texans lose games that they are supposed to lose and hope that the Ravens and Dolphins aren't 9 win teams.

For this to happen, we need our Defense to show up. Michael Griffin, I'm pointing the finger at you.

4. dlew

dlew Jeff Fisher is my homeboy

10-6 and we're in for sure...9-7 we still have a shot i think...either way we need to keep winning

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If we go 10-6, I am thinking we have > 90% chance.

If we go 9-7, I am thinking we have < 10% chance.

I just hope we make it interesting like in 06.

6. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

TEN v (hou, ari, ind, stl, mia, sd, sea)
    JAX v (buf, sf, hou, mia, ind, ne, cle)
    HOU v (ten, ind, jax, sea, stl, mia ,ne)
    MIA v (car, buf, ne, jax, ten, hou,pit)
    NYJ v (ne, car, buf, tb, atl, ind, cin)
    DEN v (sd, nyg, kc, ind, oak, phi, kc)
    SD v (den, kc, cle. dal. cin, ten, was)
    PIT v (kc, bal, oak, cle, gb, bal, mia)
    BAL v (cle, ind, pit, gb, det, chi, pit, oak)

I think the best case for the titans goes something like this:
    Titans win out --> 10-6 (AFCS 3-3) (AFC 6-6)

Jaguars only beat Buf and Cle --> 7-9

Houston loses to Titans, Colts --> 10-6 at best (AFCS 2-4) lose on tie breaker to Titans

Dolphins lose to Pats and Titans --> 9-7

Jets lose to 2 of pats, colts, bengals -->9-7

Chargers only lose to Titans --> 12-4 win AFC W

Broncos lose to SD, NYG, IND, PHI --> 9-6 if they win one they would be 10-6 (AFC 8-4 or 9-3) beat Titans on Conference record

Steelers barring a complete collapse will win AFC WC1 or AFC N

Ravens lose to Pit twice and Ind --> 9-7 if they win one of those 10-6 (AC 7-5) beat titans on conference record

Looks like its still a long shot at 10-6 but not completely impossible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Cincy or Pitt will get the WildCard.

8. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

there are 2 Wild Cards....

9. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Texans will NOT beat the Pats lol and the Jags will also give them a run for their money

10. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

I wasnt trying to imply they would, but if the Titans win and the colts win then it doesn't matter. Because they would lose on the AFC South tie breaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar