3-6 teams that made the playoffs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

so much is made of stats. For example, teams that start 0-2 miss the play offs 85% of the time. 0-3 team is like a 3% chance of playoffs and only one other team went 0-4 and made the playoffs.

We might lose against the bills tomorrow, but we might also win. If we do, let's look at a 3-6 team that not only went on to the playoffs, they went to the championship game.

Yes, I'm talking about the 96 jaguars. Sure they didnt start the season 0-6, but on week 9, they were 3-6, after their bye, they went 6-1.. 9-7 was good enough for the wild card and they almost made it to the superbowl.

Now, I'm sure there more 3-6 teams that made the playoffs, but this one came to mind first. Do you guys know of anymore?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

9-7 will not be good enough make the playoffs this year.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Just had a good look at the schedules of the other AFC teams who'll be looking at wildcards.

I think either the Bengals or the Steelers are a lock for the first WC spot.

The Chargers,Ravens and Phins have some tough games ahead.

The Jets ,Jags and Texans are inconsistent teams and could easily finish as .500 teams.

I don't think we're great but there has been a huge turnaround for us. I think we're capable of comfortably beating every team on our remaining schedule with the exception of the Colts.

We would have to play a perfect game to beat the Colts.

It's not yet inconceivable that a 9-7 team from the AFC won't make the play offs.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

10-6 is going to have to do it, and even that our chances aren't GREAT...

hopefully san diego doesn't get hot, or if they do, hopefully the broncos implode.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We've lost to 6 AFC teams. That's what's gonna cost us our playoffs. The crappy Jets game is gonna hurt us. Finishing 3-3 in the division is okay, but (at best) 6-6 in AFC is just not good enought. Kansas :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ty was a wildcard in 2006 with a 9-7(5-7), but that year AFC was just plain crap.

It might be theoretical possible, but I don't see it happen.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Our record in Division is what is going to kill our chances. After head to head it is the next tie breaker and we only have the Moos and Chargers that we could take the tie breaker from.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We are way ahead of ourselves...

But, we are gonna need help to make it into the playoffs this year...as in every AFC team has to lose AFC games and everyone just start beating each other up. It's good that teams like the Jets have come back to earth a bit but we need the Jets, Dolphons, ect be .500 teams while we catch and then pass them. A lot of AFC teams have the potential to finish 9-7 which would kill us if we don't finish 10-6. So we'll need help...

And that's assuming we win 9 or 10 games!

Gut

8. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

that 6th playoff spot is wide open the ravens defense is gone so that makes it harder for them the dolphins have the toughest schedule the jets lost jenkins and washington for the year the chargers have been inconsistent and could be around the 9-7 mark we all know how the texans are that loss to indy is gonna bring them back down to earth plus they lost owen daniels thats huge he gets all their first downs and keeps drives alive and the most important part is we got games against all of them except the ravens and the jets that game on christmas against the chargers might be huge im not getting my hopes up but this is the nfl stranger things have happened

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Vince's 8-5 record a few years ago didn't cut it, thanks to the Bungles, who can never seem to handle field goal snaps.

10-6 is a crap shoot. I honestly think we needed 11 wins though. With 10, we need a lot of help. The other 3 divisions either have closer races to lock up a WC, or we've already lost a potential tiebreaker to whose in 2nd right now.

I don't trust Denver, so they will probably lose their spot and we can possibly surpass them.

The Jets are without Jenkins, so there's a good chance we surpass them eventually. After that, we only have to worry about Miami being in 2nd place in their division and going into a tiebreaker with us.

I'd suggest just hoping we win week to week. If it's meant to be, we'll have a shot 6 weeks from now.

10. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

alot of help today with jets losing denver losing pitt losing. hopefully the bolts lose to the eagles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar