Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

It looks to me as if we are going to play some 3-4 . Ruud, McGrath, Spoon, and Ayers at LB. We have brought in two big run stoppers that can play DT. Jason Jones is a better DE than DT, to me. Also Morgan will be able to line up as a DE or line up as an LB. I am really starting to like this. If Verner does well early, we can have him match up against the opposing teams' #1 WR. We must get the right SS, and we will really be a force.

2. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Today's league is a 3-4 league. The only teams that win in the Playoffs play 3-4 defenses. So if we run some 3-4, I'm for it. But everything I read says Gray plans on sticking with the 4-3. Some combo would be nice, but I'm not sure Gray's mentality is that advanced... I expect the 4-3, but some 3-4 would be nice.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I expect very few 3-4 sets. Outside of Ayers, all of our starting caliber personal are undersized for that system.

4. titantrusince82

That's why I think that Morgan could play some OLB

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

I feel like with the personnel we have we will line up in different formations because we have guys that can play DT/DE and DE/LB. I have a feeling guys like Witherspoon, McGrath, Ayers, Ruud, Morgan, and Jones will be all over the place which can create mismatches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm betting big bucks that we'll see plenty of 3-4 looking plays from our defense. They may not start out resembling your traditional 3-4 D, but will have DE's shooting the B Gaps and such. We've ran 3-4 stuff with this roster in the past under Fisher's tenure. It's something we had success with when Haynesworth took up two blockers. If we can have one of our bigger DT's eat up blockers the way Haynesworth did, we could pull off 3-4 stuff. What was the idea in drafting Karl Klug and moving Jason Jones to DE if we're not planning on using some 3-4 defenses principles and tricks? The same techniques 4-3 DT's do is what 3-4 DE's do. I don't think we'll see only 3 D-Linemen lining up, but could defiantly see a DT/NT type of role being created under our new D-Coordinator.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titantrusince82

I just hope that we are creative (on Off and Def). We have the def make up that we can have sets like Green Bay's D.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Tell that to the Colts and Saints...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar