3 - 4 Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Since our D-line is hurting, what do you guys think about playing around with a 3-4 some during preseason? I would be interesting to see Tullock and Sirmon both in the middle at the same time.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude it aint that simple even if you have the right personnel. Not only are you talking about an entirely different scheme but players have to get used to different allignments & gap assignments. That takes an awful lot of time & coaching. We'd also need a nose tackle.

That is some serious overall not a bit of pre season tinkering around.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It wouldn't be that hard to adjust to. Actually it isn't a bad formation to be able to go to occasionally. They would have to move Starks or Haynesworth to LDE, switch KVB to RDE but we could be even better against the run (not that we could get much worse).

We have Haynesworth or Starks to play NT. Haynesworth over center isn't such a bad idea. His stats wouldn't look great but he would take up a couple of blockers.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

None of our DE's are big enough to play a 3-4.

The regular season is two weeks away Soxcat. I stand by what I said, that is some serious overall not a bit of pre season tinkering around.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Other teams seem to be able to morph form 3/4 to 4/3 from week to week. Those other teams have won Superbowls because of this.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

now now GoT, do you actually expect us to put together a defensive gameplan that might have the ability to confuse the opposing offense?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I've given up such high expectations from the D.

Apparently showing up on game day and going into a coma is good enough to get that game check.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

both our outside LBs are too small as well

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I got no problem with the 4/3, but the MLB should put up big tackle numbers with the two DTs sucking up all the blockers leaving the MLB roaming free as the wind

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't like the alignment myself. Plug the hole. Teams that run 30 times win 80% of their games. I'd rather plug that area up than react to what the rb is doing as he pushes up the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar