2nd round pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by maximus, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

It's going to be Steve Slaton. LenDale White. Chris Henry. Steve Slaton.
    We all know we will pick a RB in round 2. It just so happens to be Slaton ;)

Slaton recieved a 2nd round grade from advisory committee

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

We will not draft a running back in the 2nd round. Steve Slaton is to small.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

They need a smaller, faster back. What is Willie Parker too small too?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The talent in the 2nd or even 3rd round for RB looks to be really good this year. On one hand, it'd suck having to spend another high pick on a RB, but it's hard to argue taking the BPA for that position to me, I think we can use help there.

Two guys I've seen a lot that impressed me were Rice and Choice. Both may be 3rd rounders. Didn't see Forte from Tulane, but he's got a bit of a buzz, and he's a bigger guy. Boyd from SC impressed me, but I guess he's more in the 4-5 round range.

5. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

watch us draft a late round RB and he become our starter next season. that would be crazy, i doubt it, but this years RB draft is deep

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Tight End and it will be Matellus Bennett from A$M.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Taking Slaton would be a mistake. He went downhill at the age of 21. That's not a good sign. Dropped 2 yards per carry within 1 season, when he was supposed to be better. He was out of shape, and we don't need another RB to come in to camp 20lbs over weight.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If we had to take a RB I would hope it would be either the guy from Arkansas or Jamal Charles from Texas. They are about the same and both would be an improvement over what whe currently have.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

no RB in 2nd round please, please, please

if Earl Bennett is still sitting there then it should be an easy choice if we didn't go WR in Rnd 1

Between LW, CB and CH we need no more help at RB

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brown isn't in the mix so we do need another RB. I think we need to take a serious look at any RBs who can catch the ball and return well.

I really like Chris Johnson if he slips to us in the 2nd round. He can be our 3rd RB, an occasional WR and a dynamic KR. The guy has blazing speed. I would be very happy if we could draft either Doucet or Bennett at WR and Chris Johnson in the first two rounds.

I know trades are not always easy to make in the draft but I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down a few spots in the 1st, maybe even to the early second and trade up in the second. The high value IMO for RBs and WRs is going to be early to middle 2nd round. I certainly don't want to sit where we are in the second round and watch Bennett get picked right before our pick.

We need to re-sign as many of our DL and OL guys as we can (maybe gage as well) with our CAP money and draft some play makers. Our new OC will know how to use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar