2nd Round pick was better than the 1st

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans2871, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Don't get me wrong.... I like Vince Young!! I was a Jay Cutler fan more though. I believe that Vince will be a good player in a couple of years, but my biggest concern is will it be for a different coaching staff? Most "experts" compair Young to McNair when he came out of college. I believe this is true, but what they are not taking in account are the defenses in the NFL. The defenses are better in 2006 and much faster than they were in 1995 and Vince will not get the option of sitting behind Warren Moon for 2 years either. He will be asked to produce as early as week 6. If Steve leaves the string for Billy V is very short, because all of us (include myself) will be saying get him out and get Vince in. Even if Vince is not ready and then we will be saying we made a mistake. I honestly hope everything works itself out as a Titans fan and I am trying to trust Floyd for his picks. This brings up my second point... Lendale White is a absolute still in the 2nd round. This is a guy that not more than a month ago was suppose to be a top 10 pick. If we can somehow get the running game going (Brown, Henry, White) then it will give Vince longer to learn because Defenses will not be able to concentrate on just him. It kinda reminds of of Steve and Eddie if you think about it. (Young and White) Steve made Eddie better and Eddie made Steve better. Floyd has always said he though White remind him of Eddie and we all know who Vince reminds him of. If we can get the team back to were it was in the late 90's and early 00" then we will be in good shape. It seems that we are headed back to running the back. 1st to the left, 2nd to the right, 3rd up the middle and move the chains. I hope this works because I am tired of my team getting high draft picks.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know man, I've taken the time to read almost all your posts by now.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

this reminds me of the ESPN News commercial where that guy doesnt know about sports and hes sitting with his wife on the coach and hes like "i was talking sports out of my---" his wife then says "ignorance really"
    then it shows a clip of him with his friends and hes like "Boy that vince young turned out to be a bust!" and all his friends start laughing, cuz he didnt know that he led his team to 6 straight victories and 8-5 as a starter..... niether does this guy.

4. finz50

finz50 Starter

The date on the original post was over a year ago.......

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

lol!

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

the one team you can had a better second round than first in 2006 would be Houston

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He hasn't posted much on the forums since I wonder why? just 37 posts.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no, really, one post let on that he was a nfl player, so I got curious and read his posts. I replied to this one since it had no replies. Just the same I think he is a very good poster. Now as to whether he is in fact Johnathan Orr remains to be seen.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we should bring back that game carpy brought up in January

10. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

I stand corrected about Vince Young... I said in my first post that i thought that he is a very good player. I was not wrong about that... I also believe that Jay Cutler will be a very good player. Vince has shown more earlier than not only I, but that 90% of you all thought. I am right about the Defenses though. They are much better and faster than in the mid 90's. Also, I was not wrong about Vince's arm. It has got to improve if we do not have a solid running game this year... So no Im not on the couch with my wife beside me just pulling crap out of my butt. Just letting everyone know that i am not afraid of correcting a mistake if I make one. Go Titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar