2nd Half Breakdowns: Let's Discuss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No that's what I mean. Instead of really gameplaning, we revert to some sort of prevent, 3-4 man rush bull****. That isn't making a change, it's being painfully obvious and staying close to a formula that doesn't work.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Because it didn't look like Chow's game.

Vince ran. Vince lateraled.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if some retard didn't drop it we get the win.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sorry that's not what I saw. Pacman was committed at full speed to chasing Mase, Heap saw it happen & took the angle out behind him forcing Hope to commit.

I'll watch again tomorrow to be sure & get back to you

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

True, but at that point there really was no reason to go for it. Certainly not if you're off the belief that a prevent defence can win the game for you.

@avvie
    You do know Chow has encouraged Young to run more? Yes the lateral was all Vince, but the rest was Chow's playcalling, ie. the good runs by Henry, the long completions to the receivers, etc.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yes, i know...which seems to indicate that even he sometimes gets a moment of clarity.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

What has happened to Troupe? He has taken such a huge leap backward it seems.

You can see the talent he has...but his hands have gone to brick.....really a shame for him and the Titans.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know if it has anything to do with troupe's ability. it was just a situation when you have two guys doing something they are not used to in game situations. nickey is not used to handing the ball off, and troupe is not used to receiving a hand off.

9. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

The Fake punt was IMHO great timing and it worked, he fumbled the ball, and got it back... This was a game that we needed to keep momentum and continue long drives ending with points, I Loved the call, it reminded me of the old titans when Fish would bring in trick plays when we needed it and had he not fumbled we sustain that drive and keep that momentum.. and in my opinion that was the turning point of the game... The offcials calls were horrible as well, but did you see BB Face when that Ref flagged him... Priceless.... But all in all pretty tough to swallow that loss....
    by the way I HATE RAY LEWIS......

10. well first of all the fake punt wasnt chow's decision, fisher has stated before that all of the trick plays are called by him, and secondly it was drew bennet that handed it off to troupe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar