24's Mock Draft, Big Board, Sleepers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why Peterson over Amukamara?

To me that's like placing Deangelo Hall over Asomugha.

2. 24

24 Starter

Peterson answered questions about hip flexibility at the combine, and he did it all at 220 pounds. And, I hate to say it, but I actually like the comparison of Hall to PP (not the Prince to Nnamdi though). They both very similar styles, but PP has the potential (because of his size) to becomes a very good, physical press corner.

3. Deuce Wayne

Problem is, he simply can't stick with a WR.

That's why the comparison is drawn. You can be as athletic as you want- but if you can't cover, you just can't cover. No workout is going to help. Just has bad instincts and gets lost.

Many times he's was thought to be caught up in his own celebrations while a new play was going on... losing himself.

He's got all the talent... I just don't think he has the cover skill to play corner in the NFL. Not at a high level at least.

Safety? Yeah. Corner? I don't know...

4. 24

24 Starter

PP's 2010 film was better than Prince's 2010 film. However, Prince's 2009 film (with Suh), when he played off coverage more, was better than PP's 2010 film. I can already tell you PP's going to struggle with the Mike Wallace's of the NFL, but if someone can teach him proper press technique, he will become the next shutdown corner. I said it somewhere else, I would've rated Prince higher than PP had PP not put on a clinic at the combine.

5. Deuce Wayne

PP's film is more impressive for only 1 reason: Kick/Punt returns. Something he wont do in the NFL unless he fails at his natural position.

Without that, the far better cover corner is Prince. PP basically has a lot of flashy returns, a couple picks, and... eh.

Prince allowed 13 passes against him all year. 13... and 6 (I think?) of those came against Justin Blackmon (best receiver in college). Only allowed 1 touchdown. That's insane.

I'd be willing to bet that PP allowed 2 times that many passes and touchdowns. And Amukamara plays in a conference that actually passes the ball well.

Difference is- Teams avoided Amukamara. They'd throw at Peterson. (see Alabama where they literally targeted him and he gave up at least half the throws his direction)

6. 24

24 Starter

The thing about film study that you seem to neglect is scheme. It's pretty obvious from your comments about Dareus, Quinn, PP, etc. PP played in off coverage this entire season (to force turnovers), he was obviously going to allow some completed passes. Amukamara played in primarily man this season, he was asked to shut down one side of the field. He allowed 18 completions on 53 targets, which is great. But, he struggled against physical WRs (like Blackmon). I hate having to put down Prince to make PP look better, because in all honesty, I think Prince is one of the best prospects this year. But, there is something unnatural about PP running in the 4.2s, you can't teach that. And, just to add, I didn't factor in PP's return skills. His film at CB was better than Prince's this past year.

7. Deuce Wayne

PP runs 4.3s.. not 4.2s. Big difference.

And I dont pay attention to scheme because it's irrelevant really. Maybe that's where people are missing. PP's constant "mis-communication" and blown coverage doesn't need an excuse labeled "scheme".

Dareus being invisible and walking around being lazy has nothing to do with scheme either. It's not hard to look at a player, watch what he does performance-wise, or evaluate his highlights to figure out why they're hyped.

Like with Dareus. His highlights are flukes. He doesn't work hard, doesn't do anything really special. "Occupying blockers" isn't something I'd call special and that's a scheme issue.

PP built his name more-so on his return skills than his ability to play CB. A couple interception returns and acting like a douche- and people think he's great. I don't get it. He was burned too many times by average WRs to me.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Deuce I'm not trying to start anything but I've noticed that you hate on every SEC player. Are you being a bit biased here?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

I guess I should change my "Drake Nevis is the steal of rd 1" posts... Or me saying that Fairley is good, etc.

It just so happens that quite a few SEC players are insanely overrated so they're catching the heat.

Robert Quinn, Gabbert, etc... plenty of guys outside the SEC I'm hating on just as much.

10. 24

24 Starter

He was running in the 4.2s when he was down to 210. I believe he's planning to run it again at his Pro Day at the lower weight, I may be wrong.

And, how can you ignore scheme? You called Revis the most overrated player because of scheme, but then you come back and say scheme is irrelevant? If you just read the stats, you won't understand the full picture. You know this. It's about the most relevant thing when scouting players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar