24 Live Another Day-Jack's back

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Big TT, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I loved 24 for what it was... an incredibly unrealistic show with an invincible character, Jack Bauer, who can be tortured to no end and kill 70 guys in a gun fight without being hit and whose overuse of "dammit" and "son of a *****" never gets old.

Torturing and killing terrorists FTW.

If you can't turn your brain off and just watch a show for what it is, then 24 is a terrible show. But I always enjoyed watching it back in high school. I recently went back and watched it all on Netflix and still enjoyed it to an extent.

However, it is nowhere near as good as I remember it - probably because I've seen so many great shows since and Breaking Bad has forced me to raise my standards even further. I now pretty much think every show sucks... and most truly do suck - especially all the crap on network TV (local channels).

I will still watch this just to see how ridiculous it is.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sweet, can't wait.

Never watched Breaking Bad.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

You really need to watch Breaking Bad, my wife and I came late, several season, we literally caught up over one weekend we got hooked so fast. As far as 24 goes it was a show I never missed, it or course played on the post 9/11 stuff but hey who cares...it is only a tv show.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll get on it one day.

I kinda of like being late to watch shows because you can just get through them all over a couple of weeks rather than a couple of years, especially if they run cliffhanger season enders.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You haven't lived.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There's Breaking Bad, then there's everything else. It's genius.
    Acting, humor, drama, action, horror co-mingled in a fashion that has not been done previously.

There is a reason Anthony Hopkins wrote this:
    "
    Dear Mister Cranston.
    I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.
    I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.
    I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.
    I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bull**** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.
    But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.
    From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.
    If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.
    Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.
    You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.
    That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.
    Best regards
    Tony Hopkins."

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Passepartout

Passepartout March Madness!

At least BB has one fan in Hannibal the Cannibal! That is neat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar