2018 QB Prospect Jake Browning

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by abc2330, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Assuming Mariota isn't up to par by next year, it will be time to start looking into a new QB. I don't usually stick my neck out for any player based on their potential NFL play, but the two QBs who I have done just that for in the past (Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben) have turned out quite well.

Jake Browning from Washington will be just that good. Maybe not just AS good as these guys, but at worst, he will be a guy with several pro bowls to his name. I'm hoping we will be a team capable of a .500 record by the time he comes , and if so, we could be in luck. He doesn't have "prototype" measurables- he is 6'2, probably runs a 4.8- so he could easily take a Rodgers or Carr type plummet. But he's got the attributes that you just can't measure.

I don't judge a QB by how well he throws to wide open receivers, but things such as pocket presence, poise, escapability in the pocket, ball placement, and the guts to take a big hit. Browning has every one of these attributes on a high level. Just watch this highight reel and tell me that you would have believed that was a true freshman QB.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Jake Browning Freshman Highlights - "Wonderkid" ᴴᴰ - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just look at his elusiveness and how well he plays when the pocket breaks down-some things he does are Rodgers-esque. As a true freshman, it is quite remarkable. He also puts a pro touch on quite a few of these, and throws his receivers open or to safety.

I hope Mariota works out, but if not, this guy could definitely redeem Washington for that disaster that was Jake Locker.

• Troll x 4
    • High Five x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Cheers x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Can we draft #12 too....he can fly. Kids not bad. Sometimes the receivers have to wait, but he has good pocket awareness and escapability. Always seems to know exactly where the LOS is. Time will tell.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Watched him vs. Stanford. Guy's legit. We should be in line to draft him.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Another NW QB <shudder>

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Don't get your hopes up.

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

"if our 22 year old QB isnt up to par by the time hes 23 then its time to think about another QB" This is why bad teams stay bad.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This guy is really good. Of course, he has Ross who runs a 4.3. Can we draft them as a package? Oregon is getting their ass handed to them. Browning already has 3 TD passes and 2 rushing TDs.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That would be a situation of loving the one you're with vs. going with the better guy. Browning is going to be a better NFL QB, barring injury.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Is it better to stick with a QB if he isn't producing?!
    The problem is drafting bad QBs, not how quickly the franchise chooses to give them the boot. If you can't produce in year 3 of full-time starting.. It's probably not going to happen. Not talking about Mariota in particular, just the idea of throwing away the albatross that is a bust QB.

None of our bust QBs did a thing at their 2nd stops (when there was a 2nd stop, unlike Locker)

10. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

we've only had 1 bust QB and that was Jake Locker. Vince Young was on pace to be a perennial pro bowler before Jeff Fisher decided he wanted to screw him over.

Mettenberger was a 6th round pick. Cant be a bust.

Mariota has to play in arguably the worst offensive system in the past 10 years. Besides even in college Mariota threw almost no interceptions for his career and looked like he had a deep ball if you gave him a gunner. Please no more QB talk. Just WR and Secondary for now.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar