2017 Titan Free Agent class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Did anyone listen to the pre-game show? They said it might look ugly, the coaches were going to put players in odd situations to see how they would react. Not so much about getting the win as trying different stuff to see how it worked.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'd say that too if I had just lost to the Jets.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. tOSU Titan

tOSU Titan Starter

Reading comprehension must be tough for you so here it goes.
    PREgame show. That means:
    The show BEFORE the game. Some might call it a built in excuse for losing but i think its a legitimate strategy to not put too much on tape before the games count.

Also its PREseason so before the season starts so any judgements on the team are probably PREmature.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

First of all, the only "marquis" free agent we brought in was Logan Ryan. Cyprian was brought in as a run stopper S and primarily as roster depth. Sly was also brought in as roster depth and not as a plug-and-play starter. Woods started because he has had a really good camp (which is a good thing).

Here is my analysis of Ryan after watching the game (first quarter) 2x:

Logan gave up 3 catches:
    1st catch he actually had good coverage and made a play on the ball, receiver used his body to screen Ryan and hauled it in for 15 yds. Good play by Ryan, better play by the WR.

2nd catch Ryan bit on an inside move by the WR, poor play resulting in the 53y reception. Really the only "bad" play he had.

3rd catch Logan was playing 8yds off (mostly likely the typical LeBeau scheme) and gave up a quick IN hook rout the WR. Bad coverage or bad scheme? Both?

So there ya go. Ryan gave up 3 catches on 3 targets. Stats looked WAY worse that his actual play, in my opinion.

As far as Cyprian, you claim he "gave up a TD to a WR right in front of him" when he was actually covering the TE who was running a corner route, no way Cyp could have made a play.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Cyprien and Sly were both brought in to be starters, no? What makes them any different than Logan "nickel" Ryan?

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I don't think they were, rotating depth maybe. Searcy and Byard are starters and I'm sure they're hoping Johnson takes it up front. I think these two guys were brought in as competition and depth.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Well, it made me uncomfortable seeing Logan getting bodied by Jalin Marshall, and abused by Robbie Whatshisname that's for sure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Both those guys got starter money, and were told they'd be starters, Kuharsky confirmed that early in FA. Searcy has been running with the 2s since day one. Autism Johnson is running with the 3s again.

Looks like Gut was dead on, wasted money on chumps.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Where was it stated they were brought in to be starters? I never see that specifically mentioned anywhere

10. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

Sly was not brought in to be a starter. I remember specifically reading when he signed that he was added depth. Same with Cyp, added for more depth/talent in the secondary. Nowhere was is ever reported that they were going to start.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar