2017 Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by A.D., Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

So these are definitely guys we could target if we go defense only in the first round.

Switzer is very intriguing in the mid rounds. Saw him play a little when I was trying to watch Trubisky to see if he was worth the hype (I think he is), and Switzer stood out big time. His play style and the way he attacks his routes and the ball just feels like an Edelman type player.

Edit: And he's a heck of a returner.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea I think so. Kupp might sneak into round 2, but basically everyone else is a 3 or 4+. I need to see a bit more Jones as well.

Switzer would likely be under utilized here. Kupp could play slot or outside but not going to change our style much. Darboh is an outside guy who's strong in the run game with his blocking.

All complimentary pieces, not our exact need. Would be interested in grabbing one if we fill that WR1 void early tho.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

All they have to do is cut block the dude because he's too tall.

4. Clark

Guessing the players are wearing something that's giving them this data.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I disagree that Switzer has to play only slot.

6. Clark

He's explosive for sure and could move outside depending on the scheme. I havnt watched enough of him to say he HAS to be a slot guy only.

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

He doesn't HAVE to play slot, but that would be his best position here. He'd give us something we don't currently have on our roster - a quick, chain move on the inside creating mismatches against LB's and Safeties.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The question really is...is how coaching staff good enough and creative enough to know how to utilize and deploy these 'special' kind of weapon players to get the most out of them?

Even when we take a guy who I think is a no brainer for them to use...they don't. Fowler is a prime example of this. Why take a FB so high if you're barely gonna use him?

Can we be creative enough to get Switzer the ball 10-15 times a game on offense? Would they know how to use and create mismatch problems for defenses with Switzer or a player like Evan Ingram???

Very few players do everything well, so you need to really match strengths to strengths and know how to utilize them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Besides Murray, no one on this team gets 15 looks a game

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Clark

That's always going to be the question with this staff and offense. We saw some evolution last year, limited pieces to work with and disregarded some of the better creators as well (KW) -

Shifty inside guys who need schemed touches SHOULD work here because you just look at it as a run extension play. However we didn't run much of that, one of the things I was critical of early on. KW doesn't have the balance of the run extension WR, and the rest we have are slowish. So maybe they could be trying to find that fit.

And the Flex TE is something I hope we adopt very soon. Blurring our 11 and 12p would be extremely beneficial.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar