2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jamal Adams is O-VER-RAT-ED. Slow and stiff. I'm surprised a guy with his lack of athleticism would start for LSU.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As of now, I am on the JuJu wagon. I didn't expect DGB to be our savior, but it is apparent we need a #1. I also like Tabor, but don't know if we can snag both.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I honestly don't know shiz about him, just noticed him high on mocks. Good to know.

4. Fry

Quin Blanding from UVA will end up going higher when it is all said and done.

5. xpmar9x

Hopefully we end up not needing a safety.. Byard/Searcy can be our future. But who knows at this point.

I'll have to remember Blanding. Normally don't start paying attention to NCAAF until mid-seasonish.. that's what happens when you're an Illinois fan lol

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dream draft (read - make it happen)

1 - Myles Garrett. Hopefully the Rams stink enough to give us a chance here. Garrett looks like one of the best EDGE rushers to come out since Von Miller and you DON'T pass that up if he's BPA. Orakpo won't be around forever and has injury issues (hopefully not this season). Morgan is also coming off an injury and hasn't put together a dominating season. How do you dominate with a 3-4 zone blitz D? Have a killer LB corp! Garrett and Dodd might be our future bookends!

2 - Desmond King. I like this guy a LOT. But there are a handful of very high quality players we could take here but King I like the best right now.

3 - Reeves - Maybin. Would take over an ILB role or play as a Polomalu type. If you havent watched him play, go look at some highlights...then pick your jaw up off the floor.

Other picks...who cares! You guys are always clamoring for the next great WR. Well how about we find him in the mid-late part of the draft ala Sharpe. Because we stink at taking guys high. We would get more bang for our buck by adding 3 studs to our defense and solidifying them as a top 5 D that is truly FEARED!!!

How about...
    LDE DQJones
    NT Woods or someone better
    RDE Casey
    LOLB Dodd/Morgan
    LILB Williamson
    RILB Reeves - Maybin
    ROLB Myles Garrett
    LCB McCourty or whomever's best of the rest
    RCB Desmond King
    FS Byard
    SS Stafford/Searcy

Just fun to play around with...but that'd be a pretty formidibly D and that assume no FA's or trades!!! Give me another good CB to pair with King, maybe a better NT? Scary good!

7. xpmar9x

Don't get me wrong, I love Garrett and am all for taking BPA.. but he's likely a top-3 pick. If that's the case, we're going to get MAD offers to trade that pick so somebody can move up for a QB, I'd assume anyways. Orakpo will be 31, Morgan 28 come draft time.. which isn't the oldest, plus decent depth in Dodd. I wouldn't be mad at all at taking Garrett, but would prefer to bank on another trade down.

8. Fry

Myles Garrett is the kind of player you find a way to get on the field. **** Derrick Morgan and his six sacks a season.

This defense needs some playmakers. Guys who can take over games. We don't have anyone like that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Just a heads up for next year, here is my 2018 FSU crush.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sure we can...JuJu at 3 with Rams pick and Tabor at 5 with ours :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar