2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That's who I want. CB and returner

2. The Hammer

Yeah, good draft to have two first rounders since there is a good chance one will be a Guard.

Peppers has not been great in pass defense, pass. I like that ILB from Vandy but doubt he comes out this year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Just guessing I bet we go edge rusher/WR with our first two picks. Jrob knows you gotta stack up on edge players more then CBs.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yea Jabrill has not been so far. No passes defended or ints. Still makes plays. Thats why I think he might be a nickel LB-- would be hard to justify in the first round tho

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

Yeah, more important for DBs to stop plays rather than make them

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I disagree. As a LB who is mostly attacking the LOS, he's not gonna have big pd's or int's. As a LB, he has 39 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks!

When you consider his stats from the year before when he played a lot more S and nickel cb (34 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, and 10 pd's), you see he can get the stats you want depending on where you put him. And he's a strong tackler!

Put him in the box to attack the LOS and he'll get you a lot of tackles, TFL's, and some sacks. Put him at nickel LB or S and he'll get you better pd #'s.

Probably a better version of Shaq Thompson and Deone Buccanon. Both went in the 20's in round 1! Difference is, Peppers is a much better and well known guy and is electric as a returner and can play some offense too!

Some of this will depend on his final stats this year, combine numbers, and how much weight he adds to his body. I see no way he falls out of the first round. More likely he's a top 10 pick but I can also see him going mid-later round 1.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Have any of you guys watched the pass rushers for Illinois? Smoot and Phillips, I think. Those guys are worth a look.

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Top 5 CB

5 Teez Tabor Florida
    12 Marlon Humphrey Alabama
    21 Desmond King Iowa
    34 Marshon Lattimore Ohio
    36 Sidney Jones Washington

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar