2016 Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by A.D., Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I didn't get a chance to see the game today. Give me the skinny gang? Anybody relevant to us?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Game wasnt good, few D linemen stood out but nothing else

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Thanks bro. Yeah, I wasn't expecting much to be honest.

4. JCBRAVE

Senior bowl is 50/50, sometimes guys shine and are great, other times they're good in the game and suck in the NFL...

Maybe them all looking average works in our favor somehow

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm not a fan of Williams because he reminds me a lot of Bishop Sankey. I'd rather stick with a power back who breaks arm tackles, has a wicked stiff arm and yet the speed to hit paydirt if the defense gives him a crease. Henry is the main guy in this draft, for me.

My mock draft for the Titans, as of today, would be:

1) OT Tunsil (we HAVE to protect Mariota, and this is the final OL missing piece, IMO. He and Lewan would be pillars of our OL for the next decade)
    2) RB Derrick Henry (Eddie George 2.0, but with break-away speed)
    3) DE Shawn Oakman (may not make it to the top of the 3rd, but it is effectively a late 2nd Rd pick. He's a freak of nature, but that doesn't always translate into as many big plays as one might expect from him...so I think it's very possible he slides that far, just on those concerns. He would simply be quality depth at the OLB position, so that is

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

lol.

Shawn Oakman at 6'9" 280 playing OLB.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

D Fence
    D Fence
    D Fence

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

What? Tunsil is the last piece? What about the 2nd piece and 3rd and 4th? After Lewan its really bad.

We have no LG, no NFL qualified Center, Chance Warmack lol, and Byron Bell lol

With Tunsil coming on board you better have signed at least 3 new linemen in FA

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless they resign him, Bell is gone. He only had a one-year deal.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Glasgow (Center, Michigan) stood out to me in the practice reps I saw. Several of the other interior OL's were getting destroyed 1v1, but he was the only guy consistently able to lock down his man. Don't know what he's like in the run game, but he really impressed me in pass pro.

Oakman (DE, Baylor) could go the way of Calais Campbell and realize his true potential in the NFL, or be Pitoitua and just be a large guy ok at stuffing the run, but no ability to chase down a QB. Very interesting prospect regardless.

Kenyan Drake (RB, Alabama) could be much better in the NFL than college. He's like what Dexter McCluster wishes he was. Legit speed, can play slot or catch out of the backfield. His biggest issue in college was pressing too much; he wanted to hit the hole hard rather than wait for it to open and use his burst to get through quickly. Needs to work on pass pro badly.

Deion Jones (LB, LSU) was very impressive in the way he's able to run and cover and not afraid to tackle. Extremely interesting prospect given his size/speed combination. Similar to Deone Buchannon in AZ in the way he runs, but a little bit thicker. Could be the new thing defenses look for to cover TE's and smaller backs. Would love to add him to our LB core.

Tyler Matakevich (LB, Temple) seemed to be all he was cracked up to be. Was all over the field making tackles. The last time I heard the kind of praise he got was for Luke Keuchly. I was doubtful of him, thinking he was just a product of playing poor competition, but he didn't let the 4/5 star recruits get the better of him. Legit NFL MLB starter ability.

Sheldon Rankins (DT, Louisville) was nearly unblockable in 1v1 drills. Several of the other DL's had trouble disengaging at times (including the Alabama NT, Reed), but not Rankins. He would disengage blockers hands within the first moments of contact, and just brush them aside. For as much hype as Noah Spence has gotten, Rankins impressed me far more in drills. He was a 1 man wrecking crew that 1 blocker simply could not stop. If he was available in the top of the 2nd, I'd be giddy to get him.

#40 Johnnyb, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar