2016 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think Murlarkey proved that this Oline is serviceable. We need to address it in the FA and focus on a pick like Bosa or Ramsey.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea that was before this last game where the Oline just completely failed.

I take back what I said.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

The oline and secondary are both equally bad.

We need to make improvements that makes one side of the ball elite or close. Which side is closer to being there is the question. I would say defense. Since this draft is lacking in offensive talent; I say go defense in the 1st.

We must address offense as well though. We have holes everywhere. Just hard to imagine the offense making a dramatic turn around next year. Marcus is the guy at QB. We need RB, OL, & WR badly though.

The next GM (Counting on Webster being gone) MUST have a plan to make one side or the other elite or very close before moving on to the other side IMO. I believe next year will be another rough one; but not as rough as this one. If we finish out the defense this year in a deep defensive draft; we can focus (Again) on the offense next year. I believe next years' draft looks better on offense.

I would be excited to see a trade back in round 1, but not too far. Take Ramsey or VH3 with the 1st pick & BPA with the 2nd offense or defense.

Just my opinion......and I am not set on anything. Look forward to feedback. At this point (Again this year) the draft is all we can look forward to. Leaving Marcus on the field with the same oline scares the crap out of me. I really hope we address OL in FA this year with a proven guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I went back and watched the condensed version of the NE game and Lewan didn't play poorly outside of two plays. That seems to be the theme for him. He's solid for 65 snaps and then gets whipped for two. Except against Houston, he was just bad that game.

Chance Warmack, on the other hand, was ****ing trash. On back-to-back plays he gave up a sack and negated a 3rd and long conversion with a hold. Then we ran power left with him pulling on 3rd and 1 and he ran into Andrews. A waste of a top-10 pick if I've ever seen one. He SHOULD NOT have a starting spot locked up going into next year; make him earn it.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Really love Jayron Kearse from Clemson. He's projected late 1st-2nd right now, so could be a prime pick for our early 2. Massive frame, tackles well, tremendous range & centerfielder. He jumps out the roof and has the size to match up against any TE. Him & Searcy would make for a great safety duo.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I'm starting to think we need to go Jalen Ramsey with the first overall pick. Ramsey is a better safety than corner, but his press ability is something this team desperately needs. He can be a shut down man to man corner. I think having him strictly at corner takes away from his tackling/playmaking ability though.

Potentially, he could play safety on first and 2nd downs, and then man up the best WR on 3rd downs? Ramsey is talented and seems like he can learn very quickly. He would allow for us to be more creative on defense, and he gives us an element we don't currently have.

Bosa is a good prospect, but where do we play him? Over Orakpo and Morgan? Not after the contracts we gave them. I think playing him inside would negate some of his best attributes as a pass rusher.

OT seems like it is decently deep this year. Could get a good one in the 2nd or just sign a FA. Stanley is not very good against the run, but his pass protection is very good. Tunsil is very athletic for his size and has good fundamentals, but taking an OT at #1 overall doesn't seem like the best move for this team.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Where do you watch the condensed games at?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

They're on the Sunday Ticket channels around midnight. 30 minutes long.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

also available thru nfl.com's gamepass tab, but its a subscription based service...

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is honestly my dream scenario. We need help at some many positions, those extra picks would help unbelievably. SF is the dream scenario (they fall for a QB, trade in front of CLE). The base of the trade would be #1 for '16 1st (7), '16 2nd, '17 1st, + more. But, I seriously doubt SF will feel the need to trade up unless they really love Goff. I think the QB crop is decently deep this year. Again, I find a trade back in theory a great idea, but it's so unlikely that a trade will happen.

So that leaves us with who do we take #1 overall. I also hope we address OL in FA this year with a proven guy. We should listen to Delaine Walker, he basically just said we need vets on the OL. There's plenty of solid options in free agency this year and we have the money. I would like atlas a RT signed. Probably resign Byron Bell for depth. Potentially sign a C or LG. Signing a RT takes Tunsil off the board.

So when it's all said in done it's Ramsey vs Bosa. I doubt we have the balls to take a DB 1st overall, so Bosa is likely the pick. I'd love Ramsey, but adding Bosa to this pass-rush could do wonders. There's a ton of DBs i'd like in rd 2:
    Tre’Davius White, Eli Apple, Kendall Fuller, Jayron Kease, Vonn Bell, or Jeremy Cash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar