2016 Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well folks, free agency begins in less than two months! I think we're all ready to put the 2015 season behind us and get excited about the future. The first step will be adding some key players in free agency prior to the draft. We've got a lot of holes to fill so let's talk about some possible targets in free agency. Here's a pretty well written article with some interesting recommendations that would fill a lot of needs.

Who the Tennessee Titans must target in free agency

Spoiler alert - They recommend:

C- Mackenzy Bernadeau - Dallas Cowboys
    LT - Cordy Glenn - Buffalo Bills
    DE - Muhhamed Wilkerson - NY Jets
    ILB - Derrik Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs
    S - Eric Weddle - San Diego Chargers

It's a well written article so check it out. These guys would instantly upgrade 5 positions of need and make that 1st overall pick reeeeeally interesting.

Who do you think we should consider?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Eric Berry - Kansas City Chiefs - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Should be the #1 target.

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

They don't suggest any of the impending FA running backs? Forte, ivory, and lynch are all set to be open this off-season. I think we should go for one

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I would like Derrick Johnson... But this is his 11th yr...... And I highly, highly doubt we'll make a compelling offer to Weddle.

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I'd be ecstatic if they made 1 or 2 of those moves.

1- Wilkerson on the edge would be a huge get and probably to big of a FA for the Titans to even consider.

2- Weddle I hear may be looking for 9m range which is top safety range, but he's now in his 30s and may have to settle for the 4-5.5 m. Where by the time the Titans are ready to compete what left would he have in the tank?

3- Mackenzy Bernadeau would be my favorite get right behind Wilkerson because he fills a huge void. However it's hard to get too excited about top offensive linemen coming here, when so many fail expectations ... Seriously who was the last big OG/line signing that panned out for several years +... Kevin Mawae?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I would not bring in Derrick Johnson or Eric Weddle. Johnson is 33 and Weddle is 31. We have enough experience on D; we need some youth and athleticism.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I say if we're concerned with our secondary, aim for the draft...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Forte and Lynch?? Why? Both are bound to break down before the Titans compete. I mean at the very least I guess it would make us "watchable" in 2016, but then again I don't see Lynch wearing Titan blue at all so no point discussing it further.

Ivory on the other hand, would make sense IMO. Was a third string/change-of-pace back in New Orleans for those years and has more tread on those tires.

Could see him being a stop gap for 2 years , giving the Titans those 2 years to find his replacement of the future. Anything is better than handing off to Andrews, Sankey and McCluster (jury still out on Cobb)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar