2015 Titans Achilles heel: Right Tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 8, 2015.

?
  1. RT

61.4%
  2. C

7.0%
  3. LG

15.8%
  4. TE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. RB

1.8%
  6. WR

14.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

weakness.jpg

Every year it seems the Titans enter the season lacking in one obvious area. Last year it was cornerback, this year its Right Tackle.

Coming off a season in which the team gave up 8 sacks and 39 hurries from the RT position the Titans attempt towards fixing that major hole includes; Byron Stingily, Terren Jones, and Jeremiah Poutasi. If you ask most thats a depressing group to watch compete for the job.

Last year counting on under qualified players cost us dearly on defense, watching Blidi Wreh-Wilson make mistake after mistake was brutal, and yet again we're about to be set up for failure.

Of all our options we could still add another Tackle, some available players include; Jake Long, Joseph Barksdale, and Gabe Carimi, all would be upgrades from what we saw at RT last year.

If its this easy for the fans to see a weakness it'll be even easier for skilled defenses to pick up on and exploit.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Honestly Brave, I think they HAVE to get one of these guys and slide Poutasi to Guard. They are idiots otherwise. It is a win win. Get rid of Levitre, stick Warmack and Poutasi at Guard, let the rookie C battle with Schwenke, and then you have Lwean/new RT. Line complete. We are in deep crap otherwise. Thank god it's not the blind side, but still......

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

JCBrave's achilles heal: starting bad threads.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tie between RT or LG

Poutassi should not be playing tackle, but I hope he does over Bell. Byron Bell was AWFUL last year, worse than Oher. Levitre sucks, we all know that. But, I think he's finally healthy, for the first time ever in TN? Worried Mariota is going to spend alot of time running from pressure. Good thing he has some speed!

5. Fry

Am I the only one who thinks we got slower on offense this offseason?

QB speed notwithstanding, our new RT has guard feet and is probably 30lbs heavier than he should be. David Cobb has no lateral movement and isn't the fastest guy going forward. Jalston Fowler is much slower than Battle. Hakeem Nicks and Harry Douglas are probably a wash with Nate.

Should be fun watching Whiz incorporate some of Oregon's offense with slower personnel...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

RT is most definitely our weakest spot, and I am pretty concerned about it at this point.

I really don't hold out much hope for Bell to be an upgrade over Oher (although I think Bell played LT last year, maybe he will fare better at RT)

I also don't think we can assume that Poutassi could just 'slide over to guard' and immediately take Levitre's spot. I know we all hate Levitre, but I can't just assume that a Rookie will automatically be better ... I also heard Webster on the radio the other day, and it sounded like Poutassi was going to get a shot at the RT position first.

I also don't think we will pick up anyone else in FA at this point. People keep clamoring for Barksdale, Long, etc ... but there is a reason those guys haven't been signed yet. If the FO really thought they would be an upgrade, then I think they would've already signed one of them.

Our only hope is that we see continued improvement from Lewan and Warmack, Levitre steps his game up this year , and the competition at C/RT brings the best out of both positions.

One thing I do fell a bit better about at this point is the depth of the OL though. By the end of last year we were starting guys that came straight from the street ... I think if we have injuries this year, at least we will have someone on the team to backfill ... that is a small upgrade at least.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Maybe we can work a deal out with the Cowboys and trade for one of their OL ... they seem to have more than enough

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's going to be an interesting year...

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not even. He wouldn't make so many then!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Fry

I was so pissed when they got La'el Collins. Not because I wanted him to come here, which would have been nice, but because they took my sleeper in OT Chaz Green from UF in the third. NOW HE'S NEVER GOING TO PLAY.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar