2015: The Year of the DB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This could finally be the year to find a stalwart in the secondary. The safety classes the last few years have been terrible. The CB classes have seemed to be very top heavy.

At CB you have Vernon Hargreaves III, Kendall Fuller, Cameron Sutton, Keivarae Russell, Mackenzie Alexander* and Brandon Facyson.

At S you have Jalen Ramsey, Tony Connor, Jalen Mills, Vonn Bell and Jeremy Cash.

Ramsey and Connor have played multiple positions throughout the secondary.

*Alexander is a RS sophomore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Searcy and Prewitt might have us sitting ok at Safety this year, and we have a bunch of young CB's, I'd be really bummed if we had to invest a top pick into a DB next year.

3. Fry

1. Michael Griffin sucks.
    2. I liked the Cox signing as a stopgap, but relying on a guy who has been cut five times in six years doesn't scream security.
    3. I'd be surprised to see Prewitt make the team.

Every single one of those CBs listed are immediate upgrades to BWW and Sensabaugh.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

Madden rookie rosters have Prewitt over Griffin at FS :D

5. Fry

This sentence contains two of my most hated things in the world; Madden and Michael Griffin.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

back on topic

Fuller has that same issue as BWW, he doesn't look for the ball at times, thats a flag in the NFL if he touches the WR

I actually think BWW is really close to being a good CB, the difference in the NFL is so fine, Im giving him one last shot before I turn my attention to future DB's.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This was the recruiting class that Alabama absolutely whiffed on at Safety. Connor didn't leave Missississippi because of "pressure" and Meyer came in and grabbed Bell. Would've won the championship last year with either of them in Crimson.

Anyway, yeah I love this DB class. We can immediately get an upgrade over Griffin and have a great pairing with Searcy and at CB we need a #3 guy that can eventually replace J-Mac or Cox. CB is pretty deep as well so thinking like 3rd round but way too early to even talk about projections.

8. Fry

@JCBRAVE

:brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Idk bro we have a couple areas of need I think I'd rather go d line or o line before cb or s.

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. Fry

If we go O-line again I'm out.

I'm in no way opposed to going d-line. We've needed to go d-line like the last six years.

As of right now, if we go WR, QB or O-line Fry is going to be pissed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar