2015 GoTitans GM Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think McKinney is going to drop significantly. Like, a fourth round kind of fall. He's a two-down MLB who doesn't run well and gets lost in trash.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

OMGURD GUT Blew it again!!!!!

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think we will trade out and I would too if I got excellent value for the pick (and its a good trade for us). I have no problems drating Leonard Williams as I am high on him. I want no part of Jordan Phillips before round 3 at the earliest. He is highly athletic but very inconsistent on tape, but what really scares me about him is that he missed time for back surgery. For a tall NT who has to bend a lot and exert max force every play, you're asking for problems.

I'd take Eddie Goldman (and did) or Carl Davis over Phillips. Goldman is the better run defender (between he and Davis) but Davis has more pass rush ability.

Goldman I see as a poor man's Casey Hampton.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

3 of those guys I almost took...twice!!!

I think JCollins (few starts for a guy with his measureables and not great speed), Phillips (serious medical and very inconsistent play) and Shaq (position fit) are the most likely to fall out of rnd 1. I will be shocked if Flowers and Humphries make it out of round 1 though I think they are more upside guys than plug and play.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

For some reason, I was thinking Collins ran like a 4.32. I just checked and you're right, it was like a 4.48. That really changes my perception of him. He also only started 10 games in college, so I'm bumping him off my list.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

All players are projections in the draft. Aren't the Bucs projecting that Winston will stay clean off the field AND learn not to throw so many picks?

Ever hear of another spread option qb who went first overall based on a projection named Cam Newton?

No offense has predetermined passes the way you describe. They way it actually works is that based on play call and defensive alignment, they predetermine the part of the field they are going to read. But that also changes on snap with change of coverage or blitz for example. So if they know they will get a 3 on 2 vs the defense, he still reads who to throw the ball to. If you watch him on Grudens qb camp, you will see him make a read where he recognized the db's didn't switch coverage and so he was able to throw a td - so it certainly isn't just throw to that guy no matter what. And by the way, both Winston and Mariota draw up there own plays which have progressions and then they are shown cutups where they didn't always follow that progression. In Mariotas case he escaped pressure to run or make a throw for a first down. With Winston it resulted in INT's or near INT's as he learned he was predetermining throwing to Greene too much even when triple covered and he stares down Wrs too much. I also didn't like Winston's reaction to being shown this as he had kind of a Deer caught in the headlights look and seemed embarassed.

#266 Gut, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Thank God Gut isn't our gm. Not sure Ruston is much better though.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

And who would you have taken? Which pick don't you like or do you think they are both bad?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Having the Titans' pick in this thing is always the least enviable selection to have. No one is happy no matter what.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I had it a few years ago and came out unscathed.

I took Dion Jordan because he fell for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar