2015 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

IDC where we draft I would take Danny Shelton with our first pick. He has Poe like ability.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I want to see the kid we drafted last year, Jones, in these last meaningless games.

We need lots of defensive help. NT, OLB, CB, and both safeties.

We need to find two things this off-season....

1. Leaders. Preferably in FA. And not some clown like pollard who can talk, but can't walk. A legit starter.

2. Attitude. Some guys who will hit you in the f$cking teeth. Guys who have pride. Guys who hate to lose.

That's the defense.

On offense, we need a WR, probably two.

And I don't even know where to start with this clusterf$ck of an oline.

So bottom line guys... This ain't a one off-season rebuild. We can't reach for need. We have to make Damn sure every guy we take is a contributor.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Million dollar question is can you reach for a need when you have needs at every position? Maybe we won't have holes from top to bottom after FA but no matter who we take I don't think it can be considered a reach we literally every position is open.

The only safe guys should be Walker(but he's getting up there in age and we have no depth), Casey, Wiliamson, and Lewan. Literally every position except for LT is technically on the board as a possibility.

Agree with all your points though. The OL needs gutted and the defense does too. I want Danny Shelton. NT is as important as a 3-4 rush LB and harder too find. Him next to Casey would be amazing.

4. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

You hit the target. With so many holes we are going BPA other than lineman I hope (even though we need them) with our first pick.

A lot of people are on the danny Shelton train but this class is deep at NT this year, keep an eye on Jordan Phillips from Oklahoma if he declares. Someone compared Shelton to Poe, Phillips is more like Poe.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Haven't looked into Phillips but I'm firmly on the Shelton train. Might be a bit premature but I think he's a stud. 9 sacks for a 340lb man is insane. Yes 4 came against eastern washington but still even 5 sacks would be impressive for a DT of his size and he logs a ton of tackles.

A lot of people wanted Star last year and Shelton IMO is better.

Side note: Did Horton seriously praise Sammie Lee Hill. JFC I swear if we don't address the NT position this offseason.....

6. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I do like shelton alot but not as a top 10 pick.

On Horton comment, Hill hasnt been terrible this year but notgreat either. The problem are the linebackers not filling gaps and meeting the rb at the los.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Haven't seen as much of Phillips but two things. Didn't he have back surgery last year? That would be a major medical flag if he did considering his height and he spends his time bending and applying maximum force. Secondly, he seems to be more of a coverage sacks kind of guy. Still he's a huge dude who can move but I'm not sure he's playing his way into rnd 1.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The many problems usually have less to do with our DL than the back 7. Hill isn't dominant but he's not bad. We have lost outside contain with OLB's, totally blown tackles by S's, blah blah blah.

Not sure Shelton is a top 10 pick yet but he's a first rndr in my book!

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Everyone wants Gregory but his durability scares me. I like Beasley and or Ray before Gregory at this point if going for an edge rusher. Fowler is intriguing too in that you can line him up in a variety of ways.

#159 xhrr, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Phillips isn't a first rounder at this point. Even with his injury last year he has great burst for his size. I believe he's a redshirt sophomore so chances of him declaring are slim, but he is a nice prospect to keep your eyes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar